Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with dowloading BBC iplayer beginning 6 Jan 2011

Default Re: Problems with dowloading BBC iplayer beginning 6 Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Any hope that Applian might be able to crack the secure streams to get super download back?
    I think that is very unlikely, given this statement at the top of the page that stream-recorder linked to:
    "We have resolved a dispute with Adobe Systems Incorporated, without admitting any wrongdoing or liability, by agreeing not to circumvent any Secure RTMP Measures developed by Adobe."

johnb ........ yeh i had to have the window open in the background while i downloaded the url with version 4and have the record secure streams box ticked , but with version 3.11 i could close it because i have the OLD plugin installed...

however, i just tried the example given in radiograbbers url and version 3.11 failed after 26mb and said unable to save rtmp in propper format and i couldnt retreive any of it, so i dont really know whats going. on

@ radio grabber, i too have been using the 5.2.6.9 plugin for a few months and have NEVER had any problems with it untill today.... starting to look like bad times ahead.

thanks -I shall give it a go.

I'm also started getting the "A secure stream can not be downloaded independently but will continue to be recorded whilst it is playing in your browser" message in RMC4 this week when recording iPlayer radio programmes.

So far, that message appears to be correct - recording has worked as long as I keep the programme playing and leave my browser window open. If I pause the programme, the recording pauses, too. So it's not exactly the end of the world, but a little less convenient than before.

FYI I haven't tried doing two simultaneous recordings.

having trouble also since the 6th. using version 3.11

BBC have definitely updated something somewhere

have tried using Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE Explorer - same problem with the lot of them. There seems to be a small proportion of iplayer items which I can record for some reason. But the majority doesn't work. Major pain - am considering a full on XP reinstall..

Looks like BBC iPlayer is a no-no for RMC and the much-touted WMR alternative. Both fail to capture BBC material. This is a saga like the old satellite crack cards and gizmos. Ridiculous!

Had the same problem with Replay Media Catcher.

WM Recorder 14 still works after a fashion. Not on RTMP but on http mode. It will still download in parallel as 96k wmv files. At least it still allows you to download en masse for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishblue View Post
    WM Recorder 14 still works after a fashion. Not on RTMP but on http mode. It will still download in parallel as 96k wmv files. At least it still allows you to download en masse for the time being.
    I just downloaded the following 29 min RTMP stream with WM Recorder 14.8 in the WMX mode in less than 10 seconds.
    Code:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x3yjn/Word_of_Mouth_04_01_2011/
    Then tried Loopback Stream Recorder that comes with WMR 14.8. It works fine in the Download mode as well. I was able to download multiple RTMP streams from BBC simultaneously (although it seem to be better to download one stream at a time).

I have exactly the same problem. BBC have clearly changed streaming methods (they seem to make changes rather over once a year). I can now only load one program at a time and in real time - rather than several in accelerated mode. The BBC has reverted to giving the stream the name of the program so the resulting file no longer needs to be renamed.

I too hope Applian can do something about this change. It is a real pain not being able to record several different program simultaneously - and taking only a minute or so for a half-hour radio program.