Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with dowloading BBC iplayer beginning 6 Jan 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Problems with dowloading BBC iplayer beginning 6 Jan 2011

Suddenly get problems downloading from BBC iplayer on 6 Jan 2011. Any one else got problems? RMC 4.0.19 picks up the stream & downloads 5 or 6 Mb then stops with "Complete with errors" message. RMC 3.11 will not even start downloading a stream, it picks one up and then I get the red circle with a white explaination mark in it. Keep trying wit different programs but no luck.

Is it me or have the BBC managed to halt RMC downloading?

JohnB

Default Re: Problems with dowloading BBC iplayer beginning 6 Jan 2011

Tried to record BBC Radio 1 live using RMC 4.0.19 in the RTMP recording mode and didn't have any problem. Any specific URL you have problem with?

Thanks for your input

Interesting. I was actiually trying TV programs BBC1 & 2
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ht_03_01_2011/
    and
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...le_02_01_2011/

I have tried with radio BBC7 and got the result that it downloaded 5 or 6 Mb and either completed with error or thought it had finished at 5 or 6Mb and converted to MP£ which it supposed to do giving about min of a 30 min program.

I better try another computer. I doubt that it is my ISP Virgin ...

JohnB

hey i managed to capture both the urls with no problems using both versions 3 and 4

I've also started encountering a problem using Replay Media Catcher for BBC iPlayer shows from both BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 7 today. However, in my case, when the iPlayer shows started playing, Replay Media Catcher 4 gave me a message saying:

"The following stream has been detected as a secure stream:

28c33cec-cc7a-40e2-943b-678de6021a67.flv

A secure stream can not be downloaded independently
    but will continue to be recorded whilst it is playing in your browser
    ."

I got this same message (with a different stream number) for each show. Letting them play in real time did work, but I couldn't open another show before the first one was done or else RMC4 would end recording of the first stream.

As a test I tried a show I had recorded without problem yesterday. It also gave the "secure stream" message.

I've been using RMC for a year, mainly for radio downloads, and have just joined the forum (hello!) to say I'm having the same trouble with RMC 3.11. I'm on Pipex by the way.

Example url: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...th_04_01_2011/

Double clicking the failed download brings up the following:

--------------
    Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 15
    m_strDesc = "SWF Verification detected -- Sorry, these RTMP connections are not allowed to be analyzed."
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
    m_nLineNumber = 899
    --------------

I've tried a few other TV and radio programmes at random and am getting the same result, although strangely enough I had no trouble capturing the clips from here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00d3cwq

Could it possibly depend on which version of the RTMP plugin is being used? I've got backup copies of plugin_zrtmp.dll version 5.2.6.9 and 5.3.6.9 so have tried both but get the same problem with both of them. Reinstalling the program hasn't helped. Perhaps blazegmc could confirm which version is working OK?

Interestingly, the freeware program Radio Downloader still works perfectly so I can get the episode of Word Of Mouth (and plenty more besides) with that, but I'd much rather use RMC! StreamTransport also works, but only in real time rather than rapidly downloading so is no use for this particular purpose.
    Last edited by Radiograbber; 01-06-2011 at 01:14 PM.

similar issues here - it started last night and now it will not work at all. I get the following message when trying to capture radio programmes

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 15
    m_strDesc = "SWF Verification detected -- Sorry, these RTMP connections are not allowed to be analyzed."
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
    m_nLineNumber = 912

blazegmc

what settings were you using with version 4? Did you have one of the Downloading /Recording boxes ticked in the RTMP Download Tweaks ticked so that you had to keep the iplayer window open & playing and the whole thing was recorded in real time??

It looks as if the streams in Video and Radio have suddenly changed to secure so that they can only be recorded in real time and only one at a time.

Oh well, I will have no excuse to upgrade my broadband contract to a higher bandwidth as it will not enable me to download video at a higher speed now!

Any hope that Applian might be able to crack the secure streams to get super download back?
    Last edited by JohnB; 01-06-2011 at 01:57 PM.

OK, after much faffing about I was going to give up totally but then decided to try reverting to RMC 3.02 and can now download iPlayer radio again. The rtmp plugin is file version 5.3.6.9, date created 02/03/2009. The installer is RCATSetup302.exe, file version 7.0.5.1, date created 11/07/2009. I already had this on my hard drive, rather than downloading it from the website just now, so that explains why it works.

Thanks for the advice.

UPDATE: Aaaaargh! After closing and re-opening the program, it's back to the same problem again.

I've also tried using an older version of the plugin that I found on another website (5.2.6.9 dated 13/01/2009) and this looked promising as the stream was captured successfully and downloaded, but upon completion it fails to save the file. The error is "Unable to save RTMP stream in proper format! Does the file already exist in storage directory?" which of course it doesn't so I am completely stumped.
    Last edited by Radiograbber; 01-06-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Any hope that Applian might be able to crack the secure streams to get super download back?
    I think that is very unlikely, given this statement at the top of the page that stream-recorder linked to:
    "We have resolved a dispute with Adobe Systems Incorporated, without admitting any wrongdoing or liability, by agreeing not to circumvent any Secure RTMP Measures developed by Adobe."