Thread: RMC4 Won't Initialize

Default RMC4 Won't Initialize

Upon trying to activate my RMC4 application I receive the error message, "CONFIGURATION SYSTEM FAILED TO INITIALIZE. p\PLEASE SUBMIT A SUPPORT TICKET AT WWW.APPLIAN.COM.

After right-clicking the desktop icon I clicked on "Troubleshoot Compatibility." I did so and received a final message that the program was incompatible with Windows 7.

Since it had already worked on my machine until about a month ago, I am confused as to why it won't work now.

Any ideas?

Default Re: RMC4 Won't Initialize

Receiving this error means that it is likely that your Windows .NET configuration has become corrupted preventing Replay Media Catcher from opening. Usually deleting Replay Media Catcher's configuration folder will resolve the problem enough to run the application. But sometimes a repair of .NET on your machine is also necessary. Follow these steps in order, until the problem resolves allowing you to open Replay Media Catcher:

1. Delete the Replay Media Catcher configuration folder. Here is the folder location based on your version of Windows. Please note that you may have to turn on hidden files and folders in order to view this location:

In Windows XP delete this folder:
    C:/Documents and Settings/yourusername/Local Settings/Application Data/Jaksta_Pty_Ltd

In Windows Vista or Windows 7 delete this folder:
    C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Local/Jaksta_Pty_Ltd
    Uninstall Replay Media Catcher
    Re-Boot your computer
    Re-install Replay Media Catcher
    Open Replay Media Catcher. If you no longer receive the error you can stop here. If the error remains, then the lower level configuration system in Windows is corrupt and requires a repair or reinstallation of the .NET Framework. Uninstall Replay Media Catcher, and then follow the remaining steps below.
    This article from the Microsoft Knowledge Base explains how to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

The article above references getting a download of the .NET Framework. You can obtain that from this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en
    Once you've followed all of the steps from the article on repairing the .NET framework, re-boot your computer.
    Re-install Replay Media Catcher. It should now open properly.