Thread: Ripped DVD video speeds through

Default Ripped DVD video speeds through

Just got Replay Converter to rip DVDs of home videos to my hard drive, but I'm running into this problem: Although the files all seem to convert normally -- and quickly -- when I try to play them, the video just speeds through each scene. A 10 minute chapter is over in 2 seconds. I have the latest version of the program on a fairly new laptop running Windows 7 and I'm converting the DVD to AVI (MPEG4) High Quality.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Default Re: Ripped DVD video speeds through

If possible, try to convert your DVD to MPEG-4, but use .MP4 or .MKV instead

I couldn't find MKV among the target formats in Replay Converter, but I tried several of the ones labeled MPEG-4 and still got the problem: Each video chapter that I rip skips from scene to scene. Is there a particular target format in the program that you'd recommend -- or is there another possible solution? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by del2104 View Post
    I couldn't find MKV among the target formats in Replay Converter, but I tried several of the ones labeled MPEG-4 and still got the problem: Each video chapter that I rip skips from scene to scene. Is there a particular target format in the program that you'd recommend -- or is there another possible solution? Thanks.
    Do they skip on your COMPUTER, or on your actual dvd player itself? (or both)

Thanks
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Sorry, there is no MKV in Replay Converter. From formats offered by Replay Converter, I prefer to use
    MPEG-4 (h.264) High Quality
    or
    MPEG-4 (xvid) High Quality.

Also note that if you right click on the video and select "Troubleshoot", you can select options for re-syncing audio and video.

I don't really know how it works, but please try it or ask Applian for more information.

stream-recorder.com: Thanks for the suggestions....I tried them both, but I still have the problem, unfortunately.

Jeff: The skips take place on my computer. The DVD plays just fine. I run into the problem after I use Replay Converter to copy the DVD to my hard drive. When I play chapters back on Windows Media Player, each just jumps from shot to shot. I appreciate any suggestions you can offer.