Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot download from fox.com: Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details

Angry Cannot download from fox.com: Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details

Hi,

Trying to download from fox.com. I get the following error:

Recording of
    Download file: f3cbcd22-517a-4f4e-a719-e146b90c9791.flv
    Started at: 19/12/2010 12:25
    Queued for downloading
    Starting RTMPE download ...
    Detecting file name ...
    File name detection complete
    *** Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details ***
    Detecting file name from tags ...
    Identifying Music ...
    MusicDNS lookup is not supported for file type: .flv
    No title tag could be extracted
    File name detection complete
    Complete with errors. Double click to view.

Download doesn't even seem to start. Any ideas?

Default Re: Cannot download from fox.com: Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details

RMC doesnt support the capture of RTMPE anymore.. we all get the same problem.. your best bet would be to use replay video capture and just record straight from the screen

Default Re: Cannot download from fox.com: Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details

Anymore?? Did RMC ever support capturing this type of stream? Why would they remove the capability to capture from a major video source? I tried using RMC 3.11 and that didn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by emacee1701 View Post
    Anymore?? Did RMC ever support capturing this type of stream? Why would they remove the capability to capture from a major video source? I tried using RMC 3.11 and that didn't work either.
    As of January 28, 2009, any newly installed copy of Replay Media Catcher does not support Adobe Secure RTMP Measures.

Stream Recorder is correct - please read the link he provided.

Thank you
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

fox.com can be downloaded with third-party plugins to RMC4. With those plugins RMC4 can download pretty much any stream. Even fox.com.

Quote Originally Posted by demotester View Post
    fox.com can be downloaded with third-party plugins to RMC4. With those plugins RMC4 can download pretty much any stream. Even fox.com.
    I would like to learn how to use rtmpdump w/replay media catcher...but so far no one has provides any details how this is done. And yes, I have tried with no success.

Replay Media Catcher need an RTMPE playlist to download RTMPE streams with rtmpdump.exe plug-in. In most cases RTMPE playlists are not available.

As for RTMP streams, here is an example:
    How to use rtmpdump.exe as a plug-in for Replay Media Catcher 4 for downloading RTMP streams

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Replay Media Catcher need an RTMPE playlist to download RTMPE streams with rtmpdump.exe plug-in. In most cases RTMPE playlists are not available.

As for RTMP streams, here is an example:
    How to use rtmpdump.exe as a plug-in for Replay Media Catcher 4 for downloading RTMP streams
    Okay...a few things;

1. Where do you extract the rtmpdump.zip...? I use this destination C:\Program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 4
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. I'm pretty sure I have attempted to download streams that have playlist on protected content... however....RMC does not seem to see them. and, always saids there is none.

3. Why is the playlist so necessary so you can download protected content anyway? (most rtmpe downloader apps that I have tried download such content and don't require playlist) Personally I wouldn't mind much about the tagging...I just want the video.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC1000 View Post
    1. Where do you extract the rtmpdump.zip...? I use this destination C:\Program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 4
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    This is correct. All RMC plugins should reside in the Replay Media Catcher 4 directory.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC1000 View Post
    2. I'm pretty sure I have attempted to download streams that have playlist on protected content... however....RMC does not seem to see them. and, always saids there is none.

3. Why is the playlist so necessary so you can download protected content anyway? (most rtmpe downloader apps that I have tried download such content and don't require playlist) Personally I wouldn't mind much about the tagging...I just want the video.
    I was able to use rtmpdump.exe as a plugin for RMC 4 to download RTMPE streams from myspace some time ago. I don't really know whether anything has changed in RMC or not, and whether playlists are required.

Applian is limited by DMCA, so their products can't find RTMPE URLs, since to find them you need to use decryption (This is no longer possible due to Adobe's actions).

All developers of RTMPE recording apps that I know, except for open source rtmpdump (hosted in Hungary), reside in China. But even China doesn't help much, since customers need to pay somehow, and paypal accounts, accounts in payment gateways accepting credit/debit cards, accounts in software selling networks are closed pretty fast. So the US companies are limited more than the Chinese ones, but this doesn't help much to Chinese software vendors.

There are no software vendors in the US, Europe, Australia that sell RTMPE recording apps. You can thank Adobe for that.

Use HTML5 videos at least on youtube. The less users install glitchy flash player and use HTML5, the less glitches and security risks are there. Plus you need fewer resources to play HTML5 videos (this is especially important for portable devices). Note that "secure" protocols like RTMPE require even more resources.

The latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera support HTML5 webm videos. WebM is an open standard and it is freely available to everyone.