Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording live Webminar undetected

Default Recording live Webminar undetected

Hi

I am a current RVC user.

I wonder if I am making recording from a live webminar by using RVC, will the presenter know/detect if someone is recording? Can the presenter do something to avoid the presentation being recorded?

Thank you.

GW

Default Re: Recording live Webminar undetected

Usually the presenters don't mind when you record their webinars.

Replay Video Capture record video from your screen and sound from your sound card. If you watch a webinar in a browser window and the webinar uses flash (not ActiveX, not Java), then the presenter won't know about the recording. When custom Windows/Mac OS applications or ActiveX or Java (not JavaScript) are used for webinars, they can get plenty of information from your OS, so there is a chance they can detect you recording.

Thank you for your information.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    When custom Windows/Mac OS applications or ActiveX or Java (not JavaScript) are used for webinars, they can get plenty of information from your OS, so there is a chance they can detect you recording.
    Is there a way to avoid detection in this case?

Thank you.

GW

In this case you may use a virtual machine. Run your webinar on a guest OS while running Replay Video Capture on a host OS.

Alternatively remote access software can be used, although the video quality is not always good in this case.

And you can use hardware to record as well.

Thanks again for your advice.

BTW, when you are referring to using hardware to record, are you referring to using a Video Camera etc (shotting from the PC screen) for the recording....?

And, how can I tell whether is the presenter using a custom Windows/Mac OS applications or ActiveX or Java (not JavaScript) are used for webinars?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    In this case you may use a virtual machine. Run your webinar on a guest OS while running Replay Video Capture on a host OS.

Alternatively remote access software can be used, although the video quality is not always good in this case.

And you can use hardware to record as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
    And, how can I tell whether is the presenter using a custom Windows/Mac OS applications or ActiveX or Java (not JavaScript) are used for webinars?
    If you need to download and install custom software, than you can tell for sure.

You can read the requirements on the web-site to see what technology is used. Such web-sites usually require Adobe Flash Player or Java.

Also when Java is used, you can usually notice a Java icon in the system tray. And ActiveX objects seems to be supported by the Internet Explorer only, and when using default security settings in the latest I.E. versions, you are asked whether you allow to use an ActiveX object for a specific web-site or not.

Hello again,

Many thanks for the insightful information. I think it will be held most likely with GoToMeeting.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
    I think it will be held most likely with GoToMeeting.
    Never had any problem recording GoToMeeting webinars. Don't think their software can detect screen recorders like Replay Video Capture.

Also note that some presenters offer recorded webinars for download. And in any case I would suggest to ask the presenter to offer the recorded webinar for download and/or a permission to record live webinar.

Thank you again.

Do you have any idea which are webminar organizers whom has the ability to detect?

AFAIK webinar organizers don't usually try to detect recordings. Many webinars share some part of knowledge, so that you can buy a full course.

I can remember only 2 sites that were detecting screen recorders. Both cases were not about webinars. One of these sites is usmleworld.com.