Thread: error: couldn't get a specific error after login attempt

Default error: couldn't get a specific error after login attempt

I've updated to 8.43 to resolve the Sirius problem from Labor day weekend. (Thanks again Applian!!)

I have daily Howard recording set up anew (I rescheduled all my recordings anew per the posting) and they worked fine mon/tues/wed.

On Thursday I received this error "error: couldn't get a specific error after login attempt" and nothing recorded. I did a manual recording yesterday of the repeat show and it worked fine. (My Bubba afternoon scheduled recording worked just fine also)

I also have a separate schedule for every Friday to record the "best of" Howard on Channel 100 and it failed and gave the same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Tim

I also had the same type of error on both days. Then again, my Sonos system, which uses a different login, crapped out at the same time as my Replay recording. So I figured it was Sirius online's problem, not Replay A/V's. I do wish we could have it retry the login after a certain number of minutes for any scheduled recordings, because my Sonos came back after about 2-3 minutes, whereas the recording failed once and stopped.

Default I'm having same problem too

I record Howard everyday (M-F) 6:00 to 11:00 in 30 min blocks

For last two days I'm also only getting the first 2 hr or so of the show.

The logs are reporting the following errors

Wake up timer set for 251957 seconds
    Fri Sep 12 8:00:01 AM Recording stopped before scheduled end time. A new recording has been started.
    Fri Sep 12 8:01:44 AM Unable to tune to XM/Sirius feed error: couldn't get the login page

I missed few hours last week because the previous log in problem but I upgraded and it work fine after upgrade but now this week I had problems on Tuesday because a Windows related error and on Wed and Thurs due to error above.

I been using program since April and I love it. It has always worked great. I have an S50 but the reception at home is awful and the recordings often fail because of the bad reception. This program allows me to create MP3’s that I can play on my S50, I-pod and I-phone, so I can listen to Howard anywhere I want.

I hope they can fix this latest error too soon.

Just to follow up, my recordings have been fine so far this week. It looks like my assumption was correct, it was a Sirius problem. But I'd still like to see a retry attempt when a scheduled recording does not fully finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgatie View Post
    Just to follow up, my recordings have been fine so far this week. It looks like my assumption was correct, it was a Sirius problem. But I'd still like to see a retry attempt when a scheduled recording does not fully finish.
    Thanks for the update, please let us know if things change.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.