Thread: FFMPEG message when converting FLV to MP3: SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one

Default FFMPEG message when converting FLV to MP3: SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one

I am having trouble converting a .flv file to an .mp3 file (downloaded radio prorgam) using Media Catcher. The program says "SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from SVN. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented."

I updated ffmpeg using SVN, but nothing has changed. File is eventually converted but it seems to take a long time.

Default Re: FFMPEG message when converting FLV to MP3: SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one

Where do you record from? Does your FLV file contain MP3, AAC or some other audio track?

Default Re: FFMPEG message when converting FLV to MP3: SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one

I am recording a radio stream from WLS- AM Chicago using Replay AV8 set to Stream Capture with a "after recording" conversion set to MP3. It used to work but stopped about a week ago and I think that it has someothing to do with the flv file structure. I have to run fix FLV in order to convert using Replay Convert program..

Quote Originally Posted by ryalch View Post
    I am recording a radio stream from WLS- AM Chicago using Replay AV8 set to Stream Capture with a "after recording" conversion set to MP3. It used to work but stopped about a week ago and I think that it has someothing to do with the flv file structure. I have to run fix FLV in order to convert using Replay Convert program..
    Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the software yet, by chance?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by ryalch View Post
    So do you have problem with Replay AV 8 or Replay Media Catcher?

The FLV file contains an AAC audio track which can be extracted by Replay Media Catcher 4 and saved as .m4a or .m4b. It is extraction not conversion, so the operation is lossless. And it is fast. But of course if you need an MP3 track than conversion is needed.

SBR was added to the decoder in ffmpeg version r22316.

I tried to extract the AAC audio track as an .m4a file (Replay Converter) or .m4b file (Replay Media Catcher) but neither would work. Apparently, there is something wrong with the duration tag for the .flv file. If I first use the fix .flv option in Media Catcher, then I can convet the file to an .mp3 file.

I, too. Converting FLV to XBox360 AVI DivX.
    >> Converting - [aac @ 0x17b8400]SBR not implemented.
    >> Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from SVN.
    >> If the problem still occurs, it means that your
    >> file has a feature which has not been implemented.

RMC version 4.0.19
    FFmpeg version SVN-r18639

Hi,
    Please backup ffmpeg.exe in your RMC/Jaksta install folder and then download this one into its place.
    http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/ffmpeg/r25512/ffmpeg.exe

i have this problem also but what is SVN?

Quote Originally Posted by jfmalone View Post
    i have this problem also but what is SVN?
    Try the version of ffmpeg.exe that Shellie offered
    https://forum.applian.com/showthread...1195#post21195