Thread: Replay AV: a simple way to split a 2 hour radio show down to segments so they can be burnt to CD

Default Replay AV: a simple way to split a 2 hour radio show down to segments so they can be burnt to CD

Hi
    Does anyone know of a simple way to split, say, a 2 hour radio show down to segments so they can be burnt to CD?
    mak
    Last edited by mak; 11-20-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Default Re: Split large recordings

Hi Mak

Welcome to the forums, and great question! Take a look at our Replay AV User Guide and read the portions we wrote about splitting.

Let me know if that helps!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks-I had actually read-then re-read the section on splitting. My issue is when I set it up, it makes the first split, then fails to re-connect to generate the subsequent splits
    Many thnx

What link are you using? It should split when you set it up to. Also, we do have Replay Media Splitter that does an excellent job of splitting a file.

No it doesn't work the way I figured it should. It only records a part of the file. I am recording an archived radio show-here's the URL
    Win: http://c0022193.cdn1.cloudfiles.rack...s-a-gas_64.m4a
    I set the splitting tab to every 30 min, but it just records approx 30 min and then stops. What I'm trying to do is burn cd's of the show to listen as I drive a lot. This means.wav format.
    Any help appreciated
    Maurice K

Default Re: Replay AV: a simple way to split a 2 hour radio show down to segments so they can be burnt to CD

Hi Mak,
    Replay AV is good for recording, but I use Goldwave software to split the files. There are others, of course. I like the way it opens almost every sound file. It's also a handy way to fix a sound file that is corrupted for some reason.
    As far as burning CD's, I would recommend investing in this...
    Soundfly SD WMA/MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune)
    ... Less than the cost of a tank of gas! It plays your recordings from any mp3 player, sd card, or usb flashdrive through your car fm radio.
    ST

Default Re: Replay AV: a simple way to split a 2 hour radio show down to segments so they can be burnt to CD

When you are recording an archive it is not going to split as it records as fast as your Internet connection and the server on the other end allow. It works for splitting a live show. Thanks.