Thread: Problem with Replay Telecorder for Skype 1.2.0.3 and Skype 5 in Windows 7. Workarounds?

Default Problem with Replay Telecorder for Skype 1.2.0.3 and Skype 5 in Windows 7. Workarounds?

I just purchased Replay Telecorder for Skype version 1.2.0.3, and am very pleased with it except for a couple of issues.

This version does not work properly with the new Skype 5.0, at least in a Windows 7, 64 bit environment. For one thing, the local webcam does not appear as the local webcam in the program, but as a second remote webcam.

This lack of proper functioning with Version 5.0 forced me to go back to Skype Version 4.2.0.187 which is available at http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?0ld_skype93#download. With this version of Skype, everything works satisfactorily except that the .avi files created, when played in Windows Media Player, show the video but no sound. Applian suggests using the VLC Media Player, and when I use this I do hear audio, but the video color is dramatically off -- all blue. My workaround has been to convert the .avi files to .flv files using AVS Video Converter 6. The video and audio in the resulting .flv file is just fine.

This program is the best of many that I've tried, but I hope that there will soon be a version that works with Skype 5.0 in the Windows 7, 64 bit environment. And I hope that the .avi/Windows Media Play problem will be fixed.

Default Re: Problem with Replay Telecorder for Skype 1.2.0.3 and Skype 5 in Windows 7. Workarounds?

I responded to this in a tech support ticket for you. For others it does work with the latest version of Skype and that is what I use with my 64 bit Windows 7 machine without an issue. Some people do need to download an additional codec pack. I personally use k-lite as it is free and with it I haven't had any problems with video or audio in windows media using the latest Skype and Telecorder.

Default Re: Problem with Replay Telecorder for Skype 1.2.0.3 and Skype 5 in Windows 7. Workarounds?

Just a note from the guy who started this thread to thank Cheryl Wester for her suggestions. I uninstalled the older version of Skype and reinstalled version 5.0. I then downloaded the mega version of the k-lite codec pack from Cnet (http://download.cnet.com/K-Lite-Mega...-10794603.html) and installed it. Everything is now working just fine. Along with the codecs, the K-lite installation also created a very sophisticated player called Media Player Classic that will not only play just about any type of video or audio file, but will reveal an extremely detailed summary of file properties.

Thanks for the follow up Copmacdo!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.