I just purchased Replay Telecorder for Skype version 1.2.0.3, and am very pleased with it except for a couple of issues.

This version does not work properly with the new Skype 5.0, at least in a Windows 7, 64 bit environment. For one thing, the local webcam does not appear as the local webcam in the program, but as a second remote webcam.

This lack of proper functioning with Version 5.0 forced me to go back to Skype Version 4.2.0.187 which is available at http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?0ld_skype93#download. With this version of Skype, everything works satisfactorily except that the .avi files created, when played in Windows Media Player, show the video but no sound. Applian suggests using the VLC Media Player, and when I use this I do hear audio, but the video color is dramatically off -- all blue. My workaround has been to convert the .avi files to .flv files using AVS Video Converter 6. The video and audio in the resulting .flv file is just fine.

This program is the best of many that I've tried, but I hope that there will soon be a version that works with Skype 5.0 in the Windows 7, 64 bit environment. And I hope that the .avi/Windows Media Play problem will be fixed.