Thread: Wrong tag info - why??

Default Wrong tag info - why??

Why do some songs get the wrong tag info or none at all? I'll use Pandora to record a 5 hour stretch of music, and I don't understand why some is not recognized - or even just plain wrong. All of the track information is sent by Pandora; yet it seems that info is discarded and Applian prefers to do a look up instead! This makes no sense!

Does Applian accept the tag data sent from other music streaming services - or does it handle them all like it does for Pandora? It is very frustrating to expect to hear one song but hear another during playback - or hear a new song and tell friends about - only to be told by one of them that the song isn't "Xxxxx" by "Aaaaa" but rather "Zzzzzzz" by "Vvvvvvvv".

Thanks

Default Re: Wrong tag info - why??

We do not take the tagging from Pandora. There are some songs that are new and not in the database. There are also some songs that have been recorded by different artists or that are different versions. Also, there are some songs that are hard to tag due to the way they use instrumental-classical is an example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We do not take the tagging from Pandora. There are some songs that are new and not in the database. There are also some songs that have been recorded by different artists or that are different versions. Also, there are some songs that are hard to tag due to the way they use instrumental-classical is an example of this.

Hi Cheryl - thanks for your reply. Is there a reason why Applian does not use the track info supplied by Pandora? It would seem to me that doing so would solve the wrong and missing track data issues along with connectivity problems due to firewalls blocking access to servers that do the look ups. Surely I am not the first to realize this.. is this something that is being worked on now for a future version?

Thanks!

A lot is dependent on the site itself. As an example you can use a template to tag from Last.fm due to how they stream. The developers always work on improving and changing the programs so when improvements can be made for items such as this they do so.

I've been experimenting with the Last.Fm site & Replay Music combination. At work, I'm behind a firewall which blocks access to the look up servers needed when recording Pandora, so this seemed to be a nice work around for me. I see the "Artist-Track-Last.Fm" data in the title bar of my Firefox browser, so I thought this would work. Unfortunately, I must still be missing a piece of the "Template" puzzle because even when enabled in Replay Music, I still get error messages about not being able to connect the look up severs. This is very frustrating to say the least.

It does sound like it is your firewall that is causing this issue. Check with your work site to see if they can allow it. thanks.