Thread: trouble recording BBC radio programs

Default trouble recording BBC radio programs

Is anybody else having trouble recording BBC radio programs? This started Saturday - I can record live & listen again, but my programmed shows stop after 7 seconds, sometimes don't start at all, sometimes 15 minutes. Is this a Replay or BBC problem?

Default Re: BBC

What link are you trying to capture? Are you using stream capture or audio capture? Have you added it from the Media Guide or? Thanks.

Yes - there is a problem recording BBC programs on stream capture. Replay AV is presently unable to connect to record live programs. The log is coming up with the message "Status 34794572: Connection to host wmlive.bbc.net.uk failed".

Tuning to the station is working OK - it's just the live recording that fails. Listen again recording is still working fine.

The problem has only started this week; everything was working fine up till then.

Any solutions?
    Last edited by Mike s; 11-06-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: to provide Applian with more info

Add the shows through our Media Guide. We have the majority of them there and the links work.

No - I have now tried using the URL picked up from the Media Guide, but Replay AV is still unable to connect. This is a new problem, as I have had no problems recording "live" BBC programs using existing URLs for the past year.

It very occasionally starts recording OK, so this seems to be an intermittent problem - however it is not working 90% of the time.

Listening to live programs and recording "listen again" are still working fine. It is just recording live programmes that is not working.

Please see what happens when you use the Media Guide for these. Thanks. This also might help for other links with BBC. http://www.applian.com/support-videos.php#RAV

Default Re: trouble recording BBC radio programs

Many thanks for that, but I'm afraid it still doesn't work properly, even using the links via the Media Guide.

Everything starts recording normally, but then automatically stops after anything between 2 and 7 minutes. When you try reconnecting to the station and start recording again, nothing happens - Replay AV tries to reconnect and fails.

I stress this is only a problem with "live recording". Recording "listen again" or listening live seems to be working alright. Also, it has only started in the last few days, as everything recorded perfectly a week ago.

I have tried this on 3 different computers (all of which have recorded OK using Replay AV in the past), using two different ISPs. All have the same problem, so it seems to be a program or BBC glitch.

Can you help?

Default Re: trouble recording BBC radio programs

Please submit a ticket to tech support. A log file and an exact link you are using will be needed.