Thread: Recording Sirius with Replay AV: recording from multiple stations, converting to WMA,...

Default Recording Sirius with Replay AV: recording from multiple stations, converting to WMA,...

Dear Friends,

Today I've ordered this great software, now I will be able to record and play in my car the Sirius streams I listen all the time when I am home. Here where I live, we don't have satellite coverage, so recording is the only way to go.

I have some questions, I wonder if someone could help me.

1) I am recording several (4) stations right now. Any problem recording more than one because I noticed that the recording stopped on two stations after a few hours.
    2) I choose to convert to WMA, since my car DVD cannot play ASF. Any problem?
    3) 5 minute files will be ok, I think, in order to skip songs. Any way to remove the gap between them while playing?

If there is any other hint regarding Sirius recording, it will be great!

Best Regards

Julio
    Last edited by opala41; 11-01-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Default Re: Recording Sirius with Replay AV: recording from multiple stations, converting to WMA,...

I'm not sure there is enough info to answer your questions completely, since everyone's computers and recording preferences are a little bit different, but I'll try...

( 1 ) "Downloading the streams" means that you're downloading the sound file (essentially live in real time) without actually listening to it at the time. So you can download more than one at a time, no problem. Currently however many clearchannel stations are not working, so you have to record what you hear through the speakers. Obviously you can only record one of those at a time, since they would be playing over each other. Since every station can have a different player associated with it, there is not absolulte answer. You have to experiment. Some player time out after a few hours, and some will play for days! Some will close automatically after recording completes, and some will stay open all the time. Takes some experimentation. I've never used sirius recording, so can't help there.

( 2 ) Converting to WMA shouldn't be a problem.

( 3 ) 5-minute files should be ok, but again it's specific to your situation. Some players will only recognize a maximum number of files. I think the Satechi Soundfly player I use here...
    Soundfly SD WMA/MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune)
    ...recognizes 500 songs, depending on the filename sizes (and probably the number of folders). It has been a really great player, which portable so you can go from car to car easily. Here's the updated version...
    Soundfly SD WMA/MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune)
    ...and I also have the bluetooth version which allows you to use your car stereo like a speakerphone...
    Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Charger, iPhone 4, 3Gs & 3G, iPod Touch 4G, BlackBerry, HTC HD 2, 7, EVO, DROID, Samsung Epic, Galaxy S and Bluetooth Stereo A2DP supported Devices
    ...and I really like them both.
    Last edited by thetalk; 11-02-2010 at 06:07 AM.