Thread: Problem with new version extracting mp3

Question Problem with new version extracting mp3

Hi I had the previous version demo that I used once or twice. When I logged on it directed me to upgrade to the new demo and now I can't seem to find the command to extract the mp3 file from u-tube flv files. I've captured my file but all the "conversions" only work for 50% of the file. I remember in the previous version it was "extract" not convert - but that seems to be gone. Can I still use the demo to convert a u-tube audio stream into an mp3 file?

I should add that I tried the i-tunes conversion and it loaded in mp4 format and i-tunes thinks it's a tv show instead of music. It plays on i-tunes just fine but I'm not sure if it will be able to be loaded on an ipod or not..... my daughter is testing it.

sorry I'm not more technical....
    Last edited by askgj; 10-28-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Default Re: Problem with new version extracting mp3

RMC 4.0.14 allows to extract audio tracks from video files losslessly. These options can be found among conversion presets.

And you can also use RMC 3.11 which has the "Extract" tool.

I'm sorry, but I have the same problem.

I've tried selecting Audio Extraction in the Conversion Settings and I get a conversion with errors.

Could someone, please, explain how to extract MP3 from a FLV video with Real Media Catcher 4 step by step.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tukka View Post
    I've tried selecting Audio Extraction in the Conversion Settings and I get a conversion with errors.

Could someone, please, explain how to extract MP3 from a FLV video with Real Media Catcher 4 step by step.
    What kind of error exactly did you get?

Where did you get the FLV file? Actually I need to know what kind of audio track it uses. FLV files can contain MP3, AAC, Wave and other audio tracks, so you need to choose a proper preset for extracting audio.

I get the FLV from here: http://www.jcctv.net/index-20786720010068.188565.html

The audio is ACC.

After downloading the file in FLV, I go to Conversion Settings and choose "Audio Extraction (Extract AAC to M4A)". Then I get this error: "Converting -av_interleaved_write_frame0: Error while opening file."

I get a file converted with errors I cannot open.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Thanks for your help

After downloading your file, try to rename it to something simple like 1.flv. Then right click on the recording and select Convert.

p.s. I didn't download the stream fully, so I fixed it with RMC 4 before converting. It worked well.

I have renamed it as you said and now if works. The option "Audio Extraction" still gives errors, but I just choose the option Convert to MP3.

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Tukka View Post
    I have renamed it as you said and now if works. The option "Audio Extraction" still gives errors, but I just choose the option Convert to MP3.
    Just try to fix the file after renaming. This worked fine for me.