Thread: kwsu.org: Trouble downloading WMV from a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS://) site

Default kwsu.org: Trouble downloading WMV from a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS://) site

Hi, I am having trouble downloading or capturing a video from a Multimedia Messaging Service site. The Replay Media Cather seems to be working, capturing, not downloading based on the speed. I even tried leaving the Windows media player open the entire time. Replay Media center appears to crate a file but when I try and replay the resulting file it does not play.

Here is the site of the videos:

Code:
    http://kwsu.org/Offers/FlyTying.aspx
    Here is a specific video link that I am trying to capture:

mms://69.166.45.60/MMR/KWSUMedia/FlyTying/ftaa201.wmv

Please help, I am a newbie..

Thanks

Default Re: Trouble downloading WMV from a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS://) site

The ideal program to use with this link is Replay AV. If you haven't given it a try please do so. I just tested it and it worked great.

Default Re: kwsu.org: Trouble downloading WMV from a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS://) site

I didn't have any problem downloading this WMV stream from kwsu.org, although RMC 4 was downloading it in real time.

I tried several players and had problem playing the downloaded video. This video has 2 audio and 2 video streams. So I used freeware AsfBin GUI 1.5 to leave only audio stream #1 and video stream #4:

After that I don't have any problems playing the video.

Default Re: kwsu.org: Trouble downloading WMV from a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS://) site

Thanks Much .. Cool application, time to make a small donation, worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by dprasmus View Post
    Thanks Much .. Cool application, time to make a small donation, worked perfectly.
    Thanks Stream Recorder - and thank you dprasmus for your follow up too! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

One other interesting thing I found is that if I only record one session of the videos at a time they record flawlwessly and I don't even need to mess with them after the fact.