Thread: Odd Problem - Revert to Old?

Default Odd Problem - Revert to Old?

Had a strange thing happen this morning...I rebooted the Windows XP x32 machine I use for ReplayA/V about quarter-of-eight. It skipped an 8:00am recording, so I opened the ReplayA/V window to check the error. Imagine my surprise when I saw a really old setup...most of my scheduled recordings had vanished, and a bunch of test recordings I set up quite a while ago and long-since deleted were suddenly back in the schedule.

Anyone have any idea why this might happen, and whether it's possible to find somewhere the schedule set I swear to you I had right before rebooting this morning?

Default Re: Odd Problem - Revert to Old?

I think I understand now. The Schedule8.dat file is now stored in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data but apparently in an earlier version that file used to be stored in \Program Files\Replay AV 8. In there is a Schedule8.dat file from last year...I'm assuming the one in Application Data became corrupt, so the app copied the one from the program folder.

(*sigh*) Naturally, since that computer doesn't do much else other than download audio/video, I don't have a terribly recent backup (easier to reinstall the programs in the event of a failure). Which means I need to recreate everything, as well as write a program that will routinely backup the Application Data/Schedule8.dat file to an offsite server to prevent this ugliness from happening again.

Default Re: Odd Problem - Revert to Old?

Hi Charlie

This is quite strange indeed, but i'm glad you're making progress. If you want to further troubleshoot this - I''d like to ask that you submit a ticket to technical support and include your log file please. The log file will show us all your activity for the day/session and allow us to see exactly what is happening, and hopefully help resolve your issue as well. :-)

Here are some instructions if you should need help in locating the log:

http://www.applian.com/logs.php
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.