Thread: KFI Not Streaming today? or is it just me?

Default KFI Not Streaming today? or is it just me?

KFI Had been working fine for the past 60 days then i noticed that Handel on the Law was not being recorded this morning.

Default Re: KFI Not Streaming today? or is it just me?

KFI is now an audio capture. This is due to changes they have made. Please delete your show from AV and then add it again. it will be set up correctly. I'm recording it now and it is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    KFI is now an audio capture. This is due to changes they have made. Please delete your show from AV and then add it again. it will be set up correctly. I'm recording it now and it is working fine.
    I tested it as well on my own pc (windows 7, 64 bit) and it's working fine for me too - follow Cheryls' instructions and you should be all set
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I've got Saturday's Handel on the Law. But even with the commercials edited out, it's over 50Mbytes. Interestingly, the 4-hour show boiled down to 2 hours and 8 minutes of actual show time! That's assuming that I didn't accidentally cut out part of the show without realizing it.
    But it would be great if the Applian community created a place to post files, like usenet. That way if you have a power failure, computer glitch, or internet problem, you could request the missed show from other users. Or post clips that others might like.

Quote Originally Posted by thetalk View Post
    I've got Saturday's Handel on the Law. But even with the commercials edited out, it's over 50Mbytes. Interestingly, the 4-hour show boiled down to 2 hours and 8 minutes of actual show time! That's assuming that I didn't accidentally cut out part of the show without realizing it.
    But it would be great if the Applian community created a place to post files, like usenet. That way if you have a power failure, computer glitch, or internet problem, you could request the missed show from other users. Or post clips that others might like.
    Unfortuntely, sharing files that you've recorded falls out of the legal boundries of the fair use act - so we can not offer a feature of this type.

Regarding the file that you recorded, did you actually play the entire file back in full, or did the clip just show the time being 2:08?

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

I recorded the show for 4 hours. Then later I edited out the commercials, the news breaks, the traffic reports, the weather updates... and it was about half the size!

Ok, I really miss the streaming. Had another failure for Handel on the law this weekend. But for the original poster of this thread and others, you can go to KFI's website...
    www.kfi640.com
    ...and on the dropdown menu LISTEN and pick KFI ON DEMAND. Looks like you can get the "Handel on the Law" shows going back to October 2009!!!
    So why would any radio station make it hard to record their station for yourself, and then go through the trouble of posting it??? That would cost them bandwidth and storage space, and it looks like it may not even have the commercials in it!

Quote Originally Posted by thetalk View Post
    Ok, I really miss the streaming. Had another failure for Handel on the law this weekend. But for the original poster of this thread and others, you can go to KFI's website...
    www.kfi640.com
    ...and on the dropdown menu LISTEN and pick KFI ON DEMAND. Looks like you can get the "Handel on the Law" shows going back to October 2009!!!
    So why would any radio station make it hard to record their station for yourself, and then go through the trouble of posting it??? That would cost them bandwidth and storage space, and it looks like it may not even have the commercials in it!
    Their shows are quite easy to record. Are you having issues with recording them, thetalk?

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Hey Jeff,
    Yes, I'm talking about the Clear Channel stations changing their webcast methods so the applian streams quit working. I've found that capturing the streams with RAV would fail every now and then (maybe 5% of the time, or even less than that), and it would fail "gently" (meaning that it wouldn't crash RAV, or the computer itself, or mess up subsequent recordings). But recording the audio output fails very often, and can't download multiple shows at once, and crashes hard (requiring a reboot), and would mess up every recording scheduled after that one.
    I like RAV and will continue to use it of course, but it's good to know some stations provide a backup option if you miss a recording!

ClearChannel has been changing how they stream. As a result we are not able to get a stream capture with them. You are going to need to use audio capture. We don't have another solution at this time.