Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am experiencing "Unable to contact tagging service" message

Post Am experiencing "Unable to contact tagging service" message

I've only been using Replay Music for a few days but have had issues until today. Suddenly I am experiencing this message. The first thing I did was check here for an answer. It seems this is a fairly common problem - how come it cant be fixed for good.

I have checked and rechecked my Windows Firewall and ESET Personal Firewall (there have been no changes since I installed and began using R M).

Windows XP
    IE 8
    Replay Music Version 3.98 08-20-2010

Thank you for getting this resolved asap.

Default Re: Am experiencing "Unable to contact tagging service" message

I am seeing this message now when I did not see it last night. I have to assume there is an issue online someplace and not something at the local level?

Same here. It was working a couple days ago but today I get the message on every song.

Me too! Really annoying...

Am experiencing the same problem today, 10/02/2010. Have just D/L & installed Replay Music 3.98 and have set ESET 4 to allow genpuid.exe the access it needs to tag files, am running Win 7 (64-bit), and am running Replay Music as an administrator. Music stream is recorded nicely, splitting occurs perfectly, justa s I remember with the older version 3.35. However, when it comes time to tag the resultant files the error message appears telling me to properly set up my proxy (don't use one) and to give genpuid.exe access. I remember version 3.35 with GraceNote - flawless tagging back then. It is nice to learn that I'm not alone today! Matt

Just removed the Replay Music application using Control Panel (Add or Remove Programs." Then rebooted, reinstalled Replay Music as an administrator. Then rebooted and started Replay Music as an administrator. Set up Replay Music to record some Pandora streaming music and pressed the button inside Replay Music to load my browser for access to Pandora. Note that I started recording 1st, then started Pandora, and watched as music was recorded and songs were split nicely. Then the message came back again (Unable to contact tagging service), even though ESET firewall was set to allow access of genpuid.exe and everything was done as suggested on the user forum, in the Applian FAQs, etc. Okay, I'm at a loss now. Must be something on Applian's end! I'm giving up for today & will wait to hear from the experts.

I thought I had this fixed a few months ago. I don't use RM all the time, but I tried to use it today and nothing is recognized. I have tried all the tricks. I even turned my firewall off and it didn't recognize tracks. I did notice that in "C:\Program Files\Replay Music 3", I don't have a file called genpuid.exe. Should I? I haven't deleted it.

It does seem like Applican could do something positive to fix this problem other than telling us it's our firewall, or our proxy settings when neither helps.

Glad this thread is active today.

Hello to everyone. First time to the party! =)
    I am also experiencing the same issues as the other members listed above (and soon....below)

Downloaded the newest version of Replay Music when I noticed the issue, and that has not made a difference.
    As others have hypothesized, I believe it is an issue on Applian's side of things.
    Hopefully, someone will be able to resolve this issue at some point.
    Thanks for the great product (even though there have been hiccups from time to time over the years) and keep up the great work!

Might be helpful for those who did not list what program they were using to stream music. Myself, I use Rhapsody to stream music.

CPU: Pentium 4, 3.4GHz
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Replay Version: 3.98

Have a good weekend everyone!

We are aware of this issue and hope to have it resolved soon. Thanks for your patience.

Wink Re: Am experiencing "Unable to contact tagging service" message

Thank you!! All better now.