Quote Originally Posted by Tio Nacho View Post
    Thank you!! All better now.
    Wonderful - thanks for confirming!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Am experiencing "Unable to contact tagging service" message

This problem suddenly popped up again today. It has been working fine for me until tonight. I was using it last night.

I have been enjoying Replay Music for several months. It works failry well and manages to correctly tag most music that I record, but tonight I started getting the message that we are not able to contact the tagging service. I am wondering if this is because the server is down. How can I check the status of the server?

If this is indeed the problem, why doesn't the system simply provide a message that states that fact? If there is some other problem, how can I fix it? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the software?

Edit: It is the next morning and I am attempting to run Replay 3 again. Last night I did everything I could think of to troubleshoot and attempt to solve the problem. I turned off the firewall, upgraded to version 3.98, rebooted, I ran HijackThis to clean up bad guys....everything! When I went to sleep last night....nothing. This morning it appears that the tagging service server is up and running again. I wish Applian could generate a message to say something like, "Tagging Service Server is Temporarily Unavailable. Try Again Later." A meaningful message like this would allay many fears and concerns in the moment.

Thanks.
    Last edited by spot8ball; 10-26-2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Next Day Update, Additional Results.

Same for me. I'm a new user (installed 10/22) and it worked great until today...I get the Genpuid message repeatedly with every track now. I re-booted/un-installed/re-booted/re-installed/re-booted and same issue. Also, checked firewall settings (even disabled firewall to troubleshoot), etc. No joy.

[UPDATE: 10/27/2010]
    It's working today. Cool.
    Last edited by sivads; 10-26-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Is this back? I don't use Replay Music often but it is not working for me today for naming the tracks and is giving me the same error message talked about here. Thanks!

It seems like it was an issue on Applian's end... should be working now, I'm going to try it out tonight.

It is working-there was a server issue for the Music ID server. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    It is working-there was a server issue for the Music ID server. Thanks
    I tried it last night, Jan.16th, & it worked for about the first 7 songs or so & then came up with the UNABLE message & from that point on nothing worked.

Please try again for me. I just tested it and it is working without an issue. I'm not getting other reports of this in tech support at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Please try again for me. I just tested it and it is working without an issue. I'm not getting other reports of this in tech support at this time.
    I tried last night (17th) & it seemed to work fine, tagged just about all of my songs. Then tried for a bit this morning & it seemed to work fine for a while & then came up again with the "Unable" message. So according to my last night trial, everything was working fine but yet then this morning it seemed a little flaky after about an hour.