Thread: Why does Freecorder shut down all open windows when it starts???

Default Why does Freecorder shut down all open windows when it starts???

I've just started using Freecorder. It works very well, but, when I click the 'Record Audio Tool' icon to record the sound from my PC, it shuts down all my open windows and asks whether I want to use the default Visual Studio debugger to fix the error each time. It also knocks out many of my System Tray icons, and I have to reboot the PC to get them back.

To say that this is inconvenient would be an understatement. How can this be stopped? If it cannot be fixed, I guess I'll have to find another recorder.
    Last edited by AbacusData; 09-27-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Default Re: Why does Freecorder shut down all open windows when it starts???

What web browser do you use? This has never happened to me in Firefox.

I've never seen of/heard of this issue before - what Operating system are you using, what Web Browser are you using? Have you tried a reg clean up tool yet like ccleaner by chance?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks for your responses. It's IE8 on Windows XP Pro.

In re a Reg cleaner, I'd not be willing to let anything loose on my Reg unless there were a serious system fault. I don't think that'd solve the problem, anyway.

If this is a hitherto unknown problem, there'll not be an immediate fix for it, and I'll need to move on. I'm very sorry.

It may help you, however, to know that the apps that were shut down were: Windows Explorer, 'MP3 my MP3' control console, StarTech sound card control console. Apps that were not shut down were: IE8, Windows Media Player. I haven't tested any other apps, because rebooting takes too much time; sorry.