Thread: Clear channel defeats recording?

Default Clear channel defeats recording?

None of my clear channel recordings - on 2 different stations - worked today...have they changed streaming URLs (again)?

Default Re: Clear channel defeats recording? For the moment...

My KFI-640-AM shows quit working too. However if you delete and add the shows again, I think you'll see that the station now defaults to "Record audio output" instead of the (usually preferred) "Downloading streams." This indicates that they're aware of the issue, and hopefully working on the fix.

One of my smaller stations, WFKS in Jacksonvill FL, is one of the stations not working either. I wonder if they have to manually apply the fix they come up with to all stations individually, or will the fix apply to all??? The reason I ask is because I can delete and add it again, and this station doesn't seem to default to the new recording like the bigger station does.
    Last edited by thetalk; 09-18-2010 at 05:15 AM.

Default Re: Clear channel defeats recording? For the moment...

They have changed the way they are streaming. Delete your show from your system and then add it again. If we have updated it will be set up correctly. With more than 300 stations it is taking us some time. They will now use an audio capture.

Default Re: Clear channel defeats recording?

Ok thanks. Will you be able to post a note here notifying when they stream again, or should we just keep checking every so often? Any guess on the timeframe?

By the way, do you think these stations are just accidentally messing up RAV by upgrading the way their websites work? With all the competition out there, I would be surprised if they are intentionally trying to discourage people from listening to their stations, even if they're recording and listening later. They probably put a lot of resources into making their content available online, so they have an interest in making sure it works for applian users.

All of the stations that clear channel has now work with audio capture. They work great. We are updating as quickly as we can for these. At this time the format they have is not going to work with stream capture and Replay AV.

...and YES! They do it on PURPOSE! I have been told by clear channel suits (Morons) that they do not want programs recorded!

Cheryl..Whenever I try to record via audio capture I get a message stating "Ops, looks like your flash player is missing or (cut off)" ...but I do have it loaded and it works outside of Replay. Any ideas?

For this issue we would need to see the log file and know what station. Pleae contact tech support with the required info.