Thread: Replay Converter: used to work, not it doesn't. (Replay AV 8.50)

Default Replay Converter: used to work, not it doesn't. (Replay AV 8.50)

I recently had to purchase another computer to replace mine that crashed and was too expensive to repair.

I ordered the back-up CD when I originally ordered Replay A/V (8), so it wasn't a problem to install it on my replacement pc. It installed fine, seems to work (recording scheduled sportscasts to replay later).

The problem I'm experiencing now is converting the files, so I can transfer them to a portable MP3 player. Let me hurry to stop you from thinking I need to reference a tutorial, as if I've never done this before. I've been doing this for the past two-and-a-half years. I simply cannot get it to work like I used to before.

Thanks for your consideration.

Default Re: Replay Converter: used to work, not it doesn't.

What version of the converter are you using? It could be that you are using old technology and a new format. Thanks.

First of all, thank you for responding. As far as what version I'm using, I'm not sure how to answer that. I purchased and installed Replay A/V 8. The converter that came with that package is what I'm using. After a recording I access "tools", I choose convert/transfer from the menu, I select the file, it then drops down into the lower box, then I choose what format to convert to; there's at least a dozen possibilities, MP3, WMA, etc., a dialog box banner pops up and indicates that the file conversion will begin and work in the background, or something close to that wording.

So far, so good. Except that the file never converts. I'm used to waiting a considerable length of time for large files to convert, so I always give it an adequate amount of time. I even check the next day, nothing.

Thanks you in advance for your help and assistance, can't live without my Replay A/V!

What version of AV 8 are you using> Go to help-about to see

I'm using 8.50, thanks.

I believe the issue is you are using old technology for converting new files. There have been a lot of changes in streaming formats over the last couple of years. As an example 3 years ago there were not .flv audio files and now it is very common. Go to the order page and select existing customer to see what options there are available for you. I don't have your information so I can't look it up. If you need further assistance please contact us at tech support.