Thread: Unable to contact tagging service when recording from Spotify (Mcafee firewall)

Question Unable to contact tagging service when recording from Spotify (Mcafee firewall)

Over the last 2 days I have received error messages when recording from Spotify. The message tells me that Spotify is unable to contact the tagging service and that I should check that I am online and that my Firewall is correctly configured. In addition, after recording a couple of tracks all other tracks are queued as pending and not recorded. I have checked my Firewall (Mcafee) and Spotify is cleared for full access. I am also online. The message also refers to genpuid.exe, which I have checked is correctly installed on my PC. I have had no real problems with tagging and recording until now. Any ideas how I resolve the problem.

Default Re: Unable to contact tagging service

We are aware of this issue and it is being workied on and should be resolved shortly. Please do give it another try.

Hello,

I am getting the same problem but sometimes with persistance it names the tracks. Any sollution would be greatly appreciated! Tks

It should be up and running. Do give it another try. If you are still getting the error message let me know in tech support.

I temp switched off Symantec av and it started working - seems antivirus network threat protection 'automatically' created rule