Thread: Radio Shows

Default Radio Shows

I've got the latest RMC version and it's a big improvement (now catches BBC etc again...) however, I have a slight query over radio.

If I download from the BBC (TV) it tells me it's detected a protected stream and so long as I keep it on screen, it'll grab it, but it doesn't do it in 'real time', generally 3-4 times quicker (which is good), but when I try to get a radio show (not a live one, but a 'listen again' show, so a stored one), it does it in real time - is there a reason for this? If RMC can grab TV streams quickly, why not radio or is it a quirk of the WebSite or Station (It's Planet Rock and the Rick Wakeman show by the way - Top Listening!!)

Default Re: Radio Shows

Quote Originally Posted by sgt912 View Post
    I've got the latest RMC version and it's a big improvement (now catches BBC etc again...) however, I have a slight query over radio.

If I download from the BBC (TV) it tells me it's detected a protected stream and so long as I keep it on screen, it'll grab it, but it doesn't do it in 'real time', generally 3-4 times quicker (which is good), but when I try to get a radio show (not a live one, but a 'listen again' show, so a stored one), it does it in real time - is there a reason for this? If RMC can grab TV streams quickly, why not radio or is it a quirk of the WebSite or Station (It's Planet Rock and the Rick Wakeman show by the way - Top Listening!!)
    Looks like I may have found the answer in other forum entries - something to do with the 'super download' restrictions - I'll have a go at changing some of the settings as outlined in the other entries and see what happens.

Default Re: Radio Shows

This may help also:

By default Replay Media Catcher is set with a initial buffer time of just over 8 seconds - 8192 milliseconds.

When the duration of a stream is known and this is less than 60 minutes and enable super download is checked, the buffer time is set to the duration of the stream and the stream will download all in one hit - fast.

In the case of some sites, no duration is transmitted and so the default buffer is not adjusted.

At anytime you can up the default buffer size by changing Tools > Settings and expand RTMP Download Tweaks and changing Initial Client Buffer Size. Setting it to something like 3590000 will download just under 60 mins worth in one hit.