Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replay Music problem - I'm having a Problem tagging some songs

Default Re: Problem tagging some songs

With all due respect to Applian, I'm having the same problems, but NO songs are tagged. Since I upgraded (and I hold bunches of upgrades and licenses for many Applian products) Replay Music 3 six months ago, NO songs are tagged at all. Like everyone else, I've tried all suggestions I could find...disable the firewall completely, reinstall latest upgrade, use recommended default settings, etc. I'm running it on a Win7 64-bit installation and trying to record from Rhapsody. Every single track, regardelss of age or popularity, shows up as "Not Recognized". It worked great until about six months ago...now the function is useless. If Applian wants to be honest about their product, they need to admit that it's broken and price it accordingly. Half the reason I started using RM was because of the tagging.

Are you using the web based version of Rhapsody or the player? If you are using the player see what happens when you use the web based version. If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support as we will need your log file and more info. Thanks.

I am not getting any tagging with RM 4.01. I have WIN7 SP1, using Rhapsody. I have been using RM for many years and the old versions seemed to do a better job of tagging. Help?

They are having a server issue today and it is being worked on. They also had it to some degree yesterday. Thanks for your patience while this is being worked on.

Hi Cheryl,
    Any news on the server isue above, still saying somthing about Genpuid.exe file.
    Tracks are pending and not tagging.
    Many thanks for a wonderful piece of software even with this temp glitch.

It has been working today without an issue. Thanks.

Hi Cheryl, I'm still having problems tagging songs as of this morning. Any updates?

Contact tech support with a detail of what you are recording from, the genre, how many songs are not tagging, log file, etc.

I had not used RM in a while. Downloaded and installed the latest 4.05 version on Win7. Running against Pandora I had no successful tagging.

After watching the task manager while triggering tagging, I saw two executables running out of the c:\users\bob\AppData\Local\mdnslib directory.

I checked events and logs. RM log showed an error opening a URL. netstat -b was showing no connection attempts. So I realized that something was preventing the network connection. Outgoing firewall is wide open so... hmmm.

It suddenly occurred to me that I DID have some software running which might prevent connections... Net Nanny. Grrr.

I opened up the Application Exceptions window in NetNanny and added c:\users\bob\AppData\Local\mdnslib\GENPUID.exe

Voila! Tagging went from 0% to 50% successful. Hope this helps someone.

Most people do get between 75 and 90 percent tagging accuracy. There are some songs that are not in the database and others that have an instrumental that make it difficult to tag.