Thread: Audio and video not syncing

Default Audio and video not syncing

I have been communicating with Applian support for the past number of days to try and get audio and video syncing. They seem to have run out of options and are suggesting that my computer is not fast enough to cope. Does anyone else think that quad core i750 chip with 4 gb memory, a dedicated Sound Blaster sound card plus an ATI Radeon video card running Win 7 64 bit is not powerful enough for Applian's video capture?

If that is the case I had better ask for my money back from Applian! I would prefer to make it work though and would be grateful for any suggestions!

Default Re: Audio and video not syncing

What link are you trying to record? Have you used the universal audio and adjusted the sync based on the hints? Are you using MPEG 2 or windows media? These are all items that you would want to experiment with. Also, is it everything you capture or just certain streams.

Yes - all those things have been tried and failed as you know Cheryl ( and look at the support log if you do not know ). I am trying to record a TV show I missed on ITV1 - you cannot get it in the USA. We have talked about all those things and I have asked you to escalate the issue. It does seem very difficult for you in TS to understand that the video is ahead of the audio, so delaying the audio is fairly useless. I offered to upload a sample earlier to Yousendit but this was ignored. Given that I have a powerful computer with decent video and sound, the fault is with the Applian software. I would prefer a solution to a refund, but if you cannot offer a solution then I will request a refund.

I have deleted the above as it is repeating what has been said. When I responded to this ticket I didn't know it was someone that I had responded to in a support ticket as you used a different name on the support ticket. I have not responded to this issue for awhile as the developer has been corresponding with you. If you wish a refund and it is within the 30 day money back guarantee let them know on the ticket and they will handle that for you. Thanks.

Cheryl - it is not within the 30 day period, but it the product does not do what it is supposed to do then I think a refund is in order. Yes - I do work under different names and had to use this one as I had lost the log in for my other name.

I see that the developer has responded to my escalation request so I will see what he can do. As I said I would prefer this product to work rather than have a refund.