Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Update for Media Catcher 4 ---- Possible Bug

Cool Re: New Update for Media Catcher 4 ---- Possible Bug

I have purchased Media Catcher 4 just yesterday and have experienced the same bug. The program gets stuck with the task "Identifying Music". It is also impossible to cancel the conversion task and close the program. The only way to do this is to stop the process in Windows task manager. However, it seems that the bug is related to AVI conversion (from flv to avi). Have tried to convert flv into wmv, and it wored ok. At least that's what I have tried so far, did not test any other format conversion yet.

Default Re: New Update for Media Catcher 4 ---- Possible Bug

Mine gets so stuck on "Identifying Music" that I have to use Task Manager to close the application. When I re-open it will let me delete the music listing and keep the video, but it's too much work. Luckily I'm just using the demo and haven't spent any money yet. I'm going to wait till they fix this before I purchase it.

I found a work around. Click "Settings." Click "Download Settings." Disable "Automatically Identify and Tag Music." The video then downloads and converts without a hitch. I still need to experiment with audio sources, though.

Had about five days where it was working great - and the last few days it has either been totally failing (as reported in my bug) or sporadic. Same Task Manager, kill it, hanging around 50% CPU.

One difference to note, while I've received an empty dialog with "Unexpected Error" - in the last day or two I've had a few "Service Unavailable" messages (which has been my suspicion all along.) The code surrounding the tagging could be more robust and, at the expense of observing the conversion and tagging while recording, perhaps another tab representing the tagging queue that continues to process the files until the list is cleared or a proper result received from the MusicDNS (or whatever their new name is) service API indicates success.

Testing out 4.0.10 this morning (I apologize if I missed it, but it indicated I should see the release notes: but where are they?)

As to results (thus far):

* The settings were lost on upgrade
    * First song didn't tag, everything since has been alright. When I retried the failed tag manually, it didn't jump to 50% CPU and hang, so, that's good. It did, however exhibit the same hanging behavior and require being killed by Task Manager about 15 minutes later.
    Last edited by cain; 09-16-2010 at 05:16 AM.

RMC 4.0.1 locks up my machine when I launch it.............the previous build worked fine...........any others seeing this prob ?

Replay Media Catcher has been updated to version 4.0.10. Please update to the latest version to fix this issue.

I have bought version 4.0.10. and this "identifying music" bug is still happening. Trying to record and RTMP stream and at the end of the conversion it gets stuck @ "identifying music". No way to cancel it or exit without stopping the process on Task Manager. Please actually fix!!!

I'm experiencing the same issue mentioned in this thread as well. It will freeze when "identitying music" & when the conversion is left on avi. I just purchased the product this week. Also where in the tools can I attempt to update. I can't find that option in the tools at all.

I am having this problem as well. Running Windows 7. Weirdly, I cannot even kill the program using Task Manager. It's invisible, on both the applications and processes tabs. It's working - I can capture new video if I want to - but I can't get rid of the video that's hanging. I've tried canceling it, but it won't cancel.

Worse, when I try to close the program, it won't let me, saying I have to wait until the conversion finishes. I'm going to have to reboot or pull the plug to close this vampire program.