Thread: Replay A/V Folders Not Recognized in WMP Library - Win 7 64 Bit

Default Replay A/V Folders Not Recognized in WMP Library - Win 7 64 Bit

When recording streamed radio show that are split into several segments within an hour, Replay AV saves each *.mp3 file into the same folder as it should. However, when viewing the files in Windows Media Player Library (WMP Ver. 12.x under Windows 7 64 bit) the files are not displayed as a part of a folder but as separate and unrelated mp3 files. As a result, WMP cannot automatically progress from file to file for continuous playback and each MP3 has to be started independently.

This behavior is not present with other music/mp3 compilations incorporated into the WMP Library. This problem did not exist when using Replay Radio in a Windows XP 32 bit environment. Does anyone else with this problem and/or solution?

Default Re: Replay A/V Folders Not Recognized in WMP Library - Win 7 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dataman View Post
    When recording streamed radio show that are split into several segments within an hour, Replay AV saves each *.mp3 file into the same folder as it should. However, when viewing the files in Windows Media Player Library (WMP Ver. 12.x under Windows 7 64 bit) the files are not displayed as a part of a folder but as separate and unrelated mp3 files. As a result, WMP cannot automatically progress from file to file for continuous playback and each MP3 has to be started independently.

This behavior is not present with other music/mp3 compilations incorporated into the WMP Library. This problem did not exist when using Replay Radio in a Windows XP 32 bit environment. Does anyone else with this problem and/or solution?
    Solution found and I will do my best to explain. By default, Replay AV uses the info added to the "Name of Show" field on the "Basic" tab of the Replay AV properties screen to populate the "Title" field that appears in the windows properties for MP3 files. This can be observed by right clicking on a MP3 file that is created by Replay AV in Windows Explorer, selecting Properties and then Details. However, Replay AV takes the "Name of Show"/"Title" field and adds to it the Month, Date and number of the recording when a recording session contains split tracks. (Test.MP3 becomes Test Sept 30_01) This information is added by default to the "Album" field as it appears in Windows properties. As a result, windows sees this and all subsequent MP3 files created as a result of splitting the session into smaller segments as separate albums as opposed to files/songs included in the same folder/album.

The fix is simple. When setting up the recording session select Properties and then "Tags". Populate the "Album" field with the desired name for the "Album" i.e. Test. The supercedes the default "Album" name and all files that are associated with the recording session will be related to the same album/folder i.e. Test when played in Windows Media Player or transferred to an MP3 player. The files will be contained within the same folder ready for play in the order in which the were recorded and labeled i.e. Test Sept 30_01, Test Sept 30_02, Test Sept 30_03 etc. Applian needs to modify the default settings and/or update instructions so that single mp3 files are not viewed as separate albums. I hope this helps anyone who may have had the problem