Hi all,

Newbie here and I had no idea how to entitle this problem. So, here goes. I've had A/V 8 for some time but recently I've noticed that, when I record 'replayed' radio programmes (ie, they aren't scheduled - don't know if that would make a difference), on each recording I seem to get one instance of a strange phenomenon.

Essentially, what seems to happen is that, during replay, a section of the programme plays (just a few seconds long), then it repeats itself, with the next section playing over the top - so, over and over again, you get the same two bits playing over each other; then it stops and carries on as normal. It's very odd.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there a way of stopping it? I've toyed with the idea of reloading the software, but I cannot see that this is the solution. Given that it's only started over the last three weeks or so, I'm wondering if it's some setting I've changed.

I should add that I'm using Windows 7; the original recordings (on the BBC web site) are fine - I've checked those; everything on A/V 8 seems to be working fine until I replay the programme. Normal playback (through the BBC web site) is all fine. It's certainly the A/V8 recording which is at fault.

Help!