Thread: Recordings have sections overlapping

Question Recordings have sections overlapping

Hi all,

Newbie here and I had no idea how to entitle this problem. So, here goes. I've had A/V 8 for some time but recently I've noticed that, when I record 'replayed' radio programmes (ie, they aren't scheduled - don't know if that would make a difference), on each recording I seem to get one instance of a strange phenomenon.

Essentially, what seems to happen is that, during replay, a section of the programme plays (just a few seconds long), then it repeats itself, with the next section playing over the top - so, over and over again, you get the same two bits playing over each other; then it stops and carries on as normal. It's very odd.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there a way of stopping it? I've toyed with the idea of reloading the software, but I cannot see that this is the solution. Given that it's only started over the last three weeks or so, I'm wondering if it's some setting I've changed.

I should add that I'm using Windows 7; the original recordings (on the BBC web site) are fine - I've checked those; everything on A/V 8 seems to be working fine until I replay the programme. Normal playback (through the BBC web site) is all fine. It's certainly the A/V8 recording which is at fault.

Help!

Default Re: Recordings have sections overlapping https://forum.applian.com//images/smilies/confused.gif

Are you using audio or stream recording? Are you splitting the recording?

Default Re: Recordings have sections overlapping

Hi, and thanks for your response.

I'm using audio (replaying BBC radio iplayer programmes) through my line-in and, yes, I'm splitting recordings into tracks. That said, I've always done so and the problem only seems to be a recent one. Of course, I know it cannot just start happening, hence I figure I must have changed something, but I am damned if I can think of anything!

Thanks for your help, Cheryl.

When you split and use stream capture there is a small buffer that can create an overlap. It shouldn't happen with audio capture. Please submit a tech support ticket. Make sure you include your log file, what version of windows you are using, and all relevant information.

Thanks, Cheryl, and sorry about the delay in my response (been away) - I've done as you requested.

All the best