Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER v4: upgrade to avoid

Thumbs down REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER v4: upgrade to avoid

Beware, this is an upgrade to avoid. iT is slow, the interface iis poor, it creates meaningless file names; it will only download one file at a time. Dreadful, I have gone back to V3.

Default Re: REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER v4: upgrade to avoid

Quote Originally Posted by bwhitnall View Post
    iT is slow, the interface is poor,
    It is indeed slower than RMC 3.11. What don't you like about its interface?

it creates meaningless file names;
    I don't have any problems with tagging and renaming MP3 music files. BBC naming problem was fixed in RMC 4.0.6 beta.

Any sample URLs of web-pages you have problems with?

it will only download one file at a time.
    It doesn't have any settings to limit the amount of files that you can download simultaneously.
    Any particular web-sites where you experience that?

Dreadful, I have gone back to V3.
    Don't worry. Applian offers a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee.

i totally agree with all the above points.. on the odd occasion ive attempted to use it i have to go into the folder and delete pointless files that got no reason to be there. and when trying to download more than one thing at one it just makes a copiy of the original recording so you end up with two or three of the same thing..

msn video gave me about 30 files. bbc gave me a load. most recordings time out after 80percent recorded.

there may be a refund for upto 30days ,but i think ive had it longer than that now in the hope that someone from applian might actually get it fixed, but i get the impression there too busy working on there next downgrade for another product.

Quote Originally Posted by blazegmc View Post
    and when trying to download more than one thing at one it just makes a copiy of the original recording so you end up with two or three of the same thing..
    Where did that happen?

msn video gave me about 30 files.
    Links?

bbc gave me a load.
    Links?

most recordings time out after 80percent recorded.
    Links?

ive posted links to the msn problem in a previous post and got no response.. ive lost interest in version 4 so im not looking for them again.
    and ive found otherways to DOWNLOAD secure streams and not just record them so RMC4 is in my eyes now redundant.

ive lost interest in version 4 so im not looking for them again.
    and ive found otherways to DOWNLOAD secure streams and not just record them so RMC4 is in my eyes now redundant.
    What kind of secure streams? StageVu and VeeHD offer simple progressive HTTP streams, they are not secure at all. BBC and MSN offer RTMP flash video and audio streams. Although BBC offers secure RTMPE videos and MSN offers Smooth Streaming v.2 videos as well.

PM me the program that is more stable at recording HTTP / RTMP flash streams, HTTP / RTMP Windows Media streams, HTTP / RTSP Real Media streams, Smooth Streaming v1; especially if you find the one that allows not only to download, but also to capture secure streams, rename recorded programs, identify and tag songs, convert automatically,...

im just using version 3 with the OLD plug in from time ago. it still DOWNLOADS fine from iplayer and alowed me to record 4 programs from there at once quite fast , seems to be a lot faster at downloading from veehd and stagevu aswell.. also NBC (using modify headers coz im in the uk), dont know what kind of sttream nbc uses but i managed to download a few eps of the ateam from there just to test it.

still cant capture msn though but most of the stuff from there is on veehd now anyways.

RMC 4.0.6 beta and 4.0.7 RC work fine with BBC streams. And they use the same Super Download and BBC naming that was in RMC 3.11. Plus RMC 4 allows to capture RTMP streams while you listen to them (which wasn't possible in RMC 3.11)

I've always used a free download manager for downloading from DivX web players like the one that is used on stagevu. RMC 3.11 was crashing my browser on most attempts to download DivX videos, so I can't comment on its speed.

I will try to test NBC...

As for the refund, if you're so unsatisfied by RMC 4, try to ask Applian politely. AFAIK they are very friendly and always try to make customers happy.

Tried an NBC stream using Modify Headers. It was an RTMP stream broadcasted via port 80. RMC 4.0.7 shouldn't have any problems downloading such streams. Tested it on many BBC streams using the same port.

And you can capture RTMP packets from your flash player while you watch this stream. Just go to the Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks and mark the "Always record RTMP streams (instead of downloading)" checkbox.

i think i may have over reacted a bit. i mean , i like apllian stuff, sooo i wouldnt ask for a refund because all the money they have saved me overt the past year or so on movies and such like..

i guess if i keep messing about with RMC4 ill get use to it, maby im just too use to using the old version. im also annoyed because i couldnt get the rtmp dump thing to work , but thats just anothert story lol..

il have a little mess around with version 4 and see if i can get use to it,,, i suppose me and many others just get annoyed because off all the encrypted stuff that we can no longer get.