Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Replay Video Capture - It's ONLY Recording Sound/Audio through the mic, and not on-board sound.

Default Re: Using Windows 7 -audio capture through mic only

Think I may have sorted this now thanks (may have...?). I finished the reinstall and on running RVC for the first time afterwards, noticed a message telling me RVC didn't like quadrophonic speakers or too high a setting, so I went back to Windows Speaker settings, reduced them to 2.1 speakers, tried again and success!

Grabbed something off BBC that wasn't working before, so I'm guessing that by leaving the speaker settings to 7.1 it did something to the sound which RVC didn't like.

Thanks though...

Question Re: Issue with Replay Video Capture - It's ONLY Recording Sound/Audio through the mic, and not on-board sound.

I had the same problem with my new Dell E6410 laptop with Windows 7.

Although the tip with running as "vista" and "universal audio driver" worked I found that the capture rate was dreadful and the video stream kept pausing and buffering.

So I did something which barely made sense. I took a patch cable (mini-stereo to mini-stereo) and connected the mic/line in jack to the headphone jack (using the normal line-in audio setting in the Replay Video Capture settings) and that does the trick. The only downside is that I can't monitor the audio while capturing.

Default Re: Using Windows 7 -audio capture through mic only

Some Windows 7 machines need to use the Vista check box in the audio. This is due to limitations on the computer and not the program. Give the audio test a try. Then do a quick test. If it doesn't work then use the Vista box and give it a try.

Default Re: Issue with Replay Video Capture - It's ONLY Recording Sound/Audio through the mic, and not on-board sound.

I never had this problem before but I do now after reinstalling Vista.
    The user guide in the audio test selects "wave out mix". For some reason the only option I have is the monitor integrated microphone which records the ambiant room noise.

The universal audio driver works, however when I try to join clips using the Join Manager tool in Replay Media Splitter I get the error message "some files couldn't be appended in the list. They probably have unsupported formats!"

Very odd since all the clips were recorded with Replay Video Capture.

Any idea how to add "wave out mix" so I can get normal recording ?

Default Re: Issue with Replay Video Capture - It's ONLY Recording Sound/Audio through the mic, and not on-board sound.

That is dependent on your system and what it offers and that it has enabled. MOst people need to use Vista recording in the audio/test for Vista

I'm also on a Win 7 64-bit laptop and have the same issue as the original poster: All I have is the "mic in" option. The Vista hack and universal driver etc has no effect.

I wasted two hours trying to get this old unpatched app to work before finally coming here and seeing it is an unresolved bug.

Can we expect a fix soon ? Your promos make a point about being able to "record anything" but at the moment I can "record nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by newsman View Post
    I'm also on a Win 7 64-bit laptop and have the same issue as the original poster: All I have is the "mic in" option. The Vista hack and universal driver etc has no effect.

I wasted two hours trying to get this old unpatched app to work before finally coming here and seeing it is an unresolved bug.

Can we expect a fix soon ? Your promos make a point about being able to "record anything" but at the moment I can "record nothing".
    I'm using windows 7 64 bit (dell pc) with 6gb of ram and an I7 processor. It works fine for me so hopefully there is hope for you as wel. :-) What is the make/model of your laptop? Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Acer Aspire 5551-4937

New, but not top of the range by any means. On the other hand it's handled everything I've thrown at it so far.

Thanks for the fast reply. It's heartening.

Quote Originally Posted by newsman View Post
    As Cheryl mentioned, if you don't have the Stereo Mix / Wave-Out Mix / What you hear, you can use the Vista recording option. It won't create a Stereo Mix for you, but should allow you to record. Works fine for me on a Windows 7 64-bit laptop and on a Windows 7 64-bit desktop.

Thanks, but as I said in my original post, I've tried all those combinations and it does NOT work.

The problem here is that Replay Video Capture simply does not "see" the audio options. On the other hand I also have SoundForge installed and it has no problem seeing and selecting the Microsoft Soundmapper, Direct Sound, or Classice Wave Driver.

The Vista option is obviously a hack that works on some machines, but not mine or the thread starters (amongst others). The software needs to be updated or it should be clearly flagged that it is not compatible with Windows 7 64-bit.

Unless there's a solution we haven't heard about yet ?

thanks
    Last edited by newsman; 03-08-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: additional info