Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Replay Video Capture - It's ONLY Recording Sound/Audio through the mic, and not on-board sound.

Default Issue with Replay Video Capture - It's ONLY Recording Sound/Audio through the mic, and not on-board sound.

I bought a new computer loaded with Windows 7 and when I uploaded Replay Media Catcher, I can only record with my mic and not internally like I could when I was using Windows XP. Using the mic does not allow for good sound and picks up every sound in the room. Any solutions?

Default Re: Using Windows 7 -audio capture through mic only

Quote Originally Posted by davejohnson View Post
    Replay Media Catcher
    Replay Media Catcher or Replay Video Capture?

Sorry, Video Capture

Do you have the Universal Audio Driver enabled?

I have tried it with the Unversial Driver enabled and without. Neither seems to work.

You can record sound in Windows 7 if you have the "Wave-Out Mix" or "What U Hear". They are similar to the "Stereo Mix" from Windows XP.

I don't have Wave-Out Mix or Stereo Mix in Windows 7 Professional, so the "Universal Audio Driver" is the only way to record video with sound for me when using Windows 7. The only problem I have with it is that I need to start Replay video Capture first and then open a web-browser, TV tuner,... Otherwise the diagram above RVC is absolutely flat and no sound is being recorded.

Is you diagram flat when you try to record? What happens when you run the Audio Setup/Test?

Try this

For Windows 7

#1. Go into audio setup/testing (via settings) and ENABLE the Vista Recording Feature
    #2. IN SETTINGS, Enable the Universal Audio Driver

That's what i use for my 7 64 set up and it works fine.

Let me know how it goes
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

This sounds remarkably like my problem - I have a Sounblaster Audigy SE in my PC and I'm struggling big time to get decent sound through Video Recorder - everything else works (audio-wise at least) but I can't get decent sound through Video Recorder. It starts to record the very first bit of sound and then seems to go into a permanent loop, constantly repeating the first half second of sound over the video, so it sounds like something out of a horror film!
    I've been into settings and tried all combinations of Universal Audio Driver and testing my soundcard to not use it - nothing is recorded when I try to run the audio card tests, so I have to default back - my understanding is that I probably need to select 'What you hear" from my soundcard settings - that doesn't appear on the lists for recording options, either normally or if displaying hidden or disabled devices.
    I'm running Windows 7 - my laptop is on Vista and I can get it through there - and apparently, if I install 'old' drivers for Win7 it will work. I've tried that but if I uninstall all the old creative drivers and then the hardware, then re-install using the 'old' drivers, I just get blue-screened!
    Anyone got any ideas on how to get What You Hear back into the Audigy menu or a work-around for Video Recorder to get sound from my card?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt912 View Post
    It starts to record the very first bit of sound and then seems to go into a permanent loop, constantly repeating the first half second of sound over the video, so it sounds like something out of a horror film!
    Does it happen when you record from Youtube? Or only when you record from Silverlight player or WMP?

Sorry, it's taking me a while to answer this one - doing a full PC re-install at the moment, but I had tried it with BBC, C4 and Sky, all with the same quirky sounds - once I've finished the reinstall I'll try it on YouTube and some locally stored video files and see what happens.