Thread: media guide is useless

Thumbs down media guide is useless

Media guide is useless to those on dialup, there is no indication of the bandwidth of streams. Media guide should show what the bandwidth is so that people can see if it suits their needs. People PAY MONEY for bandwidth, if they go over their bandwidth limits they have to pay big time for going over, by showing bandwidth of streams people can better budget the bandwidth they use so they dont go over. Applain is just another ripoff software company that looks good on the outside but is rotten to the core.

Default Re: media guide is useless

Thank you for the feedback. Most people enjoy the Media guide. You are not needing to use it as you can record from the source. We have it for your convenience and with sites constantly changing what they do it would be almost impossible for a small company to keep all of the bitrates current as some change on a daily basis (or so it seems).

I also agree media guide is useless...why should it be the customers job to search out streaming stations and shows...don't you have a team for that?As an example yes you have House of Hair listed as a show BUT you only have 1 station listed that it streams on...there are at least 50 stations that carry this program at different times here is a list http://houseofhaironline.com/house-o...t-by-stations/ man for $80 bucks you'd think you'd get more features...

I had not heard of the Media Guide until now. How do you guys use it?. How does it help you?. I have been reading the Applian website and I am not clear. It just offers me a link to join the community. Is that it?.
    Nada, your comments seem to me a bit harsh. I love the Applian applications. I´d be lost without them.

We are a very small company and we set up the Media Guide, in Replay AV, for our customers use. Stations constantly change the schedule of the shows and when we are notified by our terrific customers we update it. With thousands of stations and shows and hundreds changing on a daily basis, we can't monitor the shows. If you have a show or a station you would like us to add to the Media Guide let us know in tech support. We would need the genre, the call letters, and the URL for the station. The same if one of our links is not working. The bandwidth of the various stations also change and often they have more than one bandwidth to choose from.