Thread: No audio stream recorded with video.

Default No audio stream recorded with video.

Hello Applian Technologies Staff,

I would really like to purchase the Replay Telecorder software for skype. Also, I have been using the trial version of the software with some difficulty. Everything on skype itself works perfectly. I get sound and video on both sides of the conversation. The webcam drivers are from logitech and are the newest ones available. However, when I record video with Replay Telecorder, no sound shows up at all. Under the Active Streams in Skype on the Replay Telecorder Window, I notice 0 audio streams when recording video during the 2 minute Skype session. At the same time, under the Active Streams in Skype on the Replay Telecorder Window, both local webcam and the remote webcam have the number 1 by each of them. So, my question is how can I get this program to work correctly under a normal user rights situation with both audio and video being recorded?

I did install the program under an Administrator account but need to run it in a normal user account. Of course, I did all the recording tests under a normal user rights account. Also, I run a software firewall which has given the program Super trust authority which means it has all the rights to work correctly. Finally, I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 3. The computer is a dual core processor with 2 gb of ram. Also, I see some other programs useful made by Applian but cannot go further until this one is in working order. Please help!

Note: The VLC media player was installed and working. Also, I verified that the Audio settings are the same in Skype. Both Speaker Volume and Microphone Volume match up perfectly.

Default Re: No audio stream recorded with video.

You are going to need to run the program under an administrator account. Then if you have an issue please contact us at tech support so we can assist you. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm having the same issues and am running a PC with the same specs. Software is running under the admin account. Any help would be much appreciated - everything works fine in Skype.

Do you get the audio when you use the VLC Player? Have you updated your codecs and Skype program?

Also

Just in case this applies:

Problem:I can't hear the person on the other end of the call.

There are two ways to solve this issue. The first one requires using VLC layer to play the audio. You can download VLC Player here.

The other reason this occurs is when the Skype Microphone Volume is much greater than the Speaker Volume. Go to your Skype settings and adjust the volumes so that both Microphone and Speaker volume are roughly at the same level:

1. In Skype, select Tools, Options from the menu.
    2. Click Audio Settings under the General tab.
    3. Make the Speaker Volume and Microphone Volume about the same, as shown here:
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.