Hello Applian Technologies Staff,

I would really like to purchase the Replay Telecorder software for skype. Also, I have been using the trial version of the software with some difficulty. Everything on skype itself works perfectly. I get sound and video on both sides of the conversation. The webcam drivers are from logitech and are the newest ones available. However, when I record video with Replay Telecorder, no sound shows up at all. Under the Active Streams in Skype on the Replay Telecorder Window, I notice 0 audio streams when recording video during the 2 minute Skype session. At the same time, under the Active Streams in Skype on the Replay Telecorder Window, both local webcam and the remote webcam have the number 1 by each of them. So, my question is how can I get this program to work correctly under a normal user rights situation with both audio and video being recorded?

I did install the program under an Administrator account but need to run it in a normal user account. Of course, I did all the recording tests under a normal user rights account. Also, I run a software firewall which has given the program Super trust authority which means it has all the rights to work correctly. Finally, I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 3. The computer is a dual core processor with 2 gb of ram. Also, I see some other programs useful made by Applian but cannot go further until this one is in working order. Please help!

Note: The VLC media player was installed and working. Also, I verified that the Audio settings are the same in Skype. Both Speaker Volume and Microphone Volume match up perfectly.