Thread: Kubuntu 10.04 support for Replay Music or version of Replay Music for Linux?

Default Kubuntu 10.04 support for Replay Music or version of Replay Music for Linux?

hi i have moved from windows to kubuntu 10.04 and was wondering if there is a linux version of replay music in the pipeline? or is there a way to get it working under wine?

thanks

Default Re: Kubuntu 10.04 support for Replay Music or version of Replay Music for Linux?

Replay Music 3.97 works just fine for me in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx using Wine 1.20.

How to install Replay Music for Windows on Linux like Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
    • Install Wine using Ubuntu Software Center, your favorite package manager or from the Terminal:
      Code:
      sudo app-get install wine
    • Download Replay Music.
    • Right-click on the downloaded file (RMSetup.exe), select Properties -> Permissions and mark the "Allow executing file as program" checkbox. Hit the Close button.
    • Double-click RMSetup.exe and install Replay Music (the same way you usually install any Windows software)

How to use Replay Music for Windows on Ubuntu 10.04
    1. Go to Applications -> Wine -> Programs -> Applian Technologies and select Replay Music

Alternatively you can run Replay Music from the Terminal:
      Code:
      wine C:\\Program\ Files\\Replay\ Music\ 3\\ReplayMusic.exe
      Please note that "\" in the path are replaced with "\\" and " " (spaces)" are replaced with "\ " .
    2. Now you can record music on your computer using Applian Audio Driver.

Note that Replay Music can't record audio from Linux browsers and music players. But you can record from Windows application including web-browsers for Windows:
      • Firefox for Windows with Adobe Flash Player for Windows
      • Opera for Windows with Adobe Flash Player for Windows
      • Internet Explorer (old versions only)

3. After running Replay Music for Windows in Linux and starting recording with it, open a web-browser for Windows or a player for Windows and start playing music.
    4. Replay Music will start recording your music. It will split and tag songs automatically if this option is not disabled in the Settings and if songs are not overlapped.

How to fix Replay Music tagging problem when running it in Linux with Wine:
    • I had no problems recording music from Windows applications like Opera browser for Windows when using Replay Music in Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04. It was splitting songs properly, however it wasn't able to tag any songs.

I launched Replay Music from the Terminal and noticed the following error when trying to re-tag a song:
      Code:
      err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\profiles\\username\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\mdnslib\\GENPUID.EXE") not found
      err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\profiles\\alex\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\mdnslib\\GENPUID.EXE" failed, status c0000135
      After copying the MSVCP60.dll from the Replay Media Catcher folder to Windows/System32 Replay Music started tagging songs.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.