Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Stream Dumper in RMC4: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Question Web Stream Dumper in RMC4: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Hi,

I have just upgraded but now a site that relied on the Web Stream Dumper in RMC3 doesn't record. How can I turn this option on?

Default Re: Web Stream Dumper in RMC4?

Actually, I have tried some other pages like youtube.com and nothing other than audio is recording. This was the same in RMC3 until I checked the Web Stream Dumper box which I needed to be able to record anything (including youtube). I thought RMC was able to record youtube without any extra settings? The old version can still record using the Web Stream Dumper but it seems a waste of money to upgrade if the new version can't record anything other than audio.

The stream dumper LOOPBACK will be added soon to WM Recorder. You can download a pre-release version from www.wmrecorderpro.com/install_loop_only.exe

Quote Originally Posted by curlygeek View Post
    I have just upgraded but now a site that relied on the Web Stream Dumper in RMC3 doesn't record. How can I turn this option on?
    RMC 4 has similar features that can be used not only with HTTP streams as it was with RMC 3, but also with RTMP streams. Just go to the Settings -> HTTP Download Tweaks and add web-sites that you want to record from (instead of downloading). Also go to Settings -> RTMP Download Tweak to enable RTMP recording (instead of RTMP downloading). See the User Guide for more:
    http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...4.php#settings

Also go to Settings -> RTMP Download Tweak to enable RTMP recording (instead of RTMP downloading). See the User Guide for more:
    http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...4.php#settings
    Thanks, but none of those suggestions helped and I haven't been able to capture anything, not even youtube - back to RMC3 for me I as it is still working correctly.

I have now added port 8080 to the "Ports to monitor" and it has started trying to catch files from youtube and other sites, but it keeps saying "Complete with errors". The error is as follows:

Recording of http://v1.lscache5.c.youtube.comhttp...42683d79b05401
    Download file: videoplayback.flv
    Started at: 11/08/2010 1:10 p.m.
    Queued for downloading
    Starting HTTP download ...
    Detecting file name ...
    Detecting file name from page title ...
    File name detection complete
    Requesting download details ...
    The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
    Detecting file name from tags ...
    No title tag could be extracted
    File name detection complete
    Performing extended title search
    Performing extended title search ..
    Performing extended title search ....
    Performing extended title search ......
    Performing extended title search ........
    No extended title was found.
    Complete with errors. Double click to view.

RMC 3.11 works correctly. There must be some sort of solution to make use of the money spent on this upgrade? Another post on proxy settings says that if IE settings are correct then it should work, but IE is working fine and it still doesn't work in this new version. I have tried a range of browsers including Firefox, IE and Opera and none of them work. I can even run both RMC3 and RMC4 concurrently and one works while the other doesn't.

Default Re: Web Stream Dumper in RMC4: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Quote Originally Posted by curlygeek View Post
    The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
    Another post on proxy settings says that if IE settings are correct then it should work, but IE is working fine and it still doesn't work in this new version.
    What kind of Proxy do you use? Does it require authentication?

Default Re: Web Stream Dumper in RMC4: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

It seems like Proxies with authentication are supported by RMC 4...

I would recommend to open a support ticket and send your log file:
    1. Start RMC 4
    2. Don't start Recording
    3. Go to Help > About and expand Support. Check Debug Mode and hit OK.
    4. Start Recording
    5. Go to the website and start watching in your browser. Wait until RMC picks up a URL and starts downloading. This should be within the first few seconds of the video/music playing.
    6. Stop Recording
    7. Go to Help > About and expand Support. Then click the "email logs to support" link.
    8. Send the logs to support
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

I've got some tips from developer.

If you use SSL proxy, then all traffic is encrypted, so you won't be able to download.

Also go to the settings and make sure that the port used by your proxy is monitored by RMC 4.

But you will be able to capture packets from flash player even if you can't download such streams. For YouTube go to Tools -> Settings -> HTTP Tweaks -> "Streaming media from the following secure sites will be recorded not downloaded" and add "youtube.com/flv" to the list.

Let us know whether it works for you.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

Unhappy Re: Web Stream Dumper in RMC4: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Also go to the settings and make sure that the port used by your proxy is monitored by RMC 4.
    I had already tried that and it doesn't make any difference

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    But you will be able to capture packets from flash player even if you can't download such streams. For YouTube go to Tools -> Settings -> HTTP Tweaks -> "Streaming media from the following secure sites will be recorded not downloaded" and add "youtube.com/flv" to the list.
    That worked but is unusable as it took a very long time just to get a 25 second clip. Also, it doesn't work for any other sites I tried even though I had already added the sites that RMC3 can capture from.

Don't worry, I will stick with RMC3, it is just disappointing that you have changed something that was working. I was hoping that RMC4 would only concentrate on fixing the few bugs the previous version had rather than reinventing the wheel (and making it square this time).