Thread: Tracking down the illusive Schedule8.dat

Default Tracking down the illusive Schedule8.dat

Thanks for an extremely useful and satisfying media recorder. I am generally very happy with the product and performance.

After an upgrade from RAV8 v8.21 to v8.81 I discovered I now have an additional "hidden" copy of the schedulke8.dat file in the Documents and settings/owner/local settings/application data folder. I discovered that I could not clean out the old schedule8.dat even with both the original file and back-up deleted. I wasted over an hour digging this out the hard way. I appreciate having a fail-safe back-up but if you are going to make changes like this, make some provision (like an error msg or dialog), for letting the users know where this data is being stored.

Thanks

Default Re: Tracking down the illusive Schedule8.dat

Have the opposite problem, namely my whole precious schedule has disappeared by having updated to v8.81.

Have located it along with daily log files - .dat folder along with backup one both standing at 7+MB - but this is unuser friendly Vista. Nothing happens by doing what I was told to do before. Nada.

I had this same problem several months back on XP and was told to copy the schedule into the Replay AV Programme files folder on Drive C, which restored it. Great!

What must I do this time?

The location for the file has changed. It is dependent on your operating system. To see where it is in your new please make a scheduled recording. Then go to Tools log viewer and it will show you where the schedule8.dat file should go.

I have followed this advice but always get "The schedule was not found in the folder you picked. Would you like to try a different folder?".

The question is why wasn't it, why doesn't it get, found. It isn't the schedule itself that eludes me but getting it back in place.

I am absolutely sure I have the schedules and have since copied them to other computers with XP, where they are working correctly but their Pentium 4 CPUs tend to get overwhelmed after a few hours.

I even tried switching off UAC on my Vista-bearing Toshiba Satellite laptop (Pentium Dual Core), but it made no difference.

The Toshiba is otherwise quite up to the job. Trouble began, as I said before, by having updaed Replay AV to v.8.82

Finally, can you please advise on Traffic Shaping software... Can cFosSpeed (from Germany) help Replay AV stream a large number of radio broadcasts and/or arquived shows simultaneously ?

Are you running the computer as an administrator? Remember that the file is probably not going to go in the same location as you copied it from the old version so make sure you are putting it where it says. Also, where are you copying it to?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    The location for the file has changed. It is dependent on your operating system. To see where it is in your new please make a scheduled recording. Then go to Tools log viewer and it will show you where the schedule8.dat file should go.
    i went to the log viewer and cannot see where the file is; can you be more specific as to what i am looking for; i am using windows 7. Thanks

C:\Users\Cheryl\AppData\Local\Schedule8.dat

This is the example in my Windows 7. Substitute your name for mine and you should be able to locate it.