Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Activation Code Error

Default Re: Activation Code Error

Add another one who missed a scheduled recording because of this, this time on an XP machine I dedicated to downloading audio. Clearly Applian is mucking with their copy-protection stuff causing some serious problems for their users.

I am able to "Tune to station," but not record. Other than the recording I missed this morning (an XM program), I can use freeware to catch the Shoutcast streams I normally record. But this _really_ needs to be fixed by tomorrow morning...

I've also just missed a recording for the same reason. I re-enter my activation code and it says all is well, but I still can't record.

Using XP pro with no recent major changes made other than the usual Windows Updates.

E

The log files list:

"Wed Aug 4 7:56:05 AM This registration code was returned as invalid or deactivated: RMCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx"

Can't be a local problem; looks like the "phone home" routines that are supposed to copy-protect the programs failed big-time. I wonder if the the only copies of the program that are currently working are the illegal ones...boy, _that_ would be ironic.

Count me in on this...been using it since replay radio v5 I believe. XP machine legitimate key getting the same error.

Me too! Been using Repay AV for 3 years with no problems.

XP Pro & Replay AV 8.81. Very stable computer with no changes for weeks. It accepts my activation code then pukes the error:

Activation code error. Unable to start recording.
    Please click the Upgrade button and re-enter your registration code.

I’ll bet one of their servers or data bases crashed.

Me as well!!

Same problem here - uninstalled all Applian products, reinstalled, same problem with code being valid but software refusing to record and never displays an update button. I'm sending in a report now to their tech support.

By the way, here's the key part of the product's log from today that shows the error - it's odd since my code is accepted under the Help option that allows you to enter the activation code:

Wed Aug 4 8:25:33 AM Looking for registration code in HKCU/ Software\Replay AV 8
    Wed Aug 4 8:25:34 AM This registration code was returned as invalid or deactivated: (removed for privacy of course!)

I'm running Windows XP Pro 2002 Service Pack 3.

Update: Here's the ticket I just sent to them - I included as required today's log file for the product for their debugging:

I'm running Windows XP Pro 2002 Service Pack 3, and I just got the following error code today running my existing copy of AV Replay:

"Activation code error. Unable to start recording."

"Please click the Upgrade button and re-enter your registration code."

There IS no Upgrade button, but I re-entered my activation code using the option under the Help menu and it had no effect even after closing the application and finally re-booting. I was able to tune to a station, I just couldn't record.

I checked your current Update version for Replay and noticed it was more current, so I unistalled everything on my PC related to it, downloaded the update, re-booted and installed all associated products included in the download. However, the exact same problem occurs.

I'm not the only one having the problem and Windows XP Pro is not the only OS with this problem - here's a link to the thread in the user forum:

https://forum.applian.com//showthrea...ion-Code-Error

Please let me know what the problem is and when it will be fixed - thank you.
    Last edited by KCJohnGalt; 08-04-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Me too! Can someone please tell us what is going on?

Thanks. We are aware of this issue and looking into it. It is a high priority. I would suggest you check every few hours to see if it is working for you. We appreciate your patience with this.

Do we have to wait for an upgrade or will it just start working? I have the latest update to av8