Thread: RMC total waste of time with BBC iplayer video!!

Default RMC total waste of time with BBC iplayer video!!

To be fair I know that it's not about faulty software. it appears to be that BBC Iplayer does strange things. However the bottom line for me and from other threads it appears others too, is that RMC (3 or 4) is incapable of recording this 'best of breed' (in uk) TV channel.

Question 1 is this likely to be solved by the clever people at applian?
    Question 2 the BBC allow many programmes to be downloaded and played in their offline player. is there a way to record this playback stream? (RMC or other in the suite)
    question 3 a the browser plays the programmes seamlessly is there another reliable method of recording the screen. When I say reliable I also mean with perfect lip sync?

Hopefully there will be a work-around that can record the BBC as it quite a large network here in the UK

Default Re: RMC total waste of time with BBC iplayer!!

It seems like RMC has problems with RTMPE streams from BBC only. Applian had RTMPE support, but such streams are not supported anymore:
    Adobe Secure RTMP Measures FAQ

Replay Video Capture can record from screen. Try it. Usually it gives perfectly synced videos. I use it even on a slow computer.

Hmm...interesting thread on sly forum for this as well. Thanks for letting me know. Just want to play offline on iPad so hopefully video will do the job.

Use WM Recorder 14.7 from www.wmrecorder.com. This program offers a TURBO download mode. You can also schedule recordings and record videos from BBC/iplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by WMRecorder View Post
    Use WM Recorder 14.7 from www.wmrecorder.com. This program offers a TURBO download mode. You can also schedule recordings and record videos from BBC/iplayer.
    have had some limited success with wmrecorder however it doesn't work more often than it does! Tried several times to record Sherlock and I get around 30 mins worth before it stops even though the browser is still playing it.

Had better results with wm's converter though than with the rmc4.

Quote Originally Posted by user1 View Post
    have had some limited success with wmrecorder however it doesn't work more often than it does! Tried several times to record Sherlock and I get around 30 mins worth before it stops even though the browser is still playing it.

Had better results with wm's converter though than with the rmc4.
    WM Recorder will soon add a stream dumper mode called LOOPBACK. You can try it free. Download the pre-release version from www.wmrecorderpro.com/install_loop_only.exe

Thanks will try it.
    A question if I may.....
    Where does wmrecorder fit in with applian? is it marketed by a sister company or something? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by user1 View Post
    Where does wmrecorder fit in with applian? is it marketed by a sister company or something?
    http://www.wmrecorder.com/company.php