Thread: mpeg-2 gives wrong times during playback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default mpeg-2 gives wrong times during playback

firstly, id like to apologise if this is an old subject, if so maby a mod can move or delete it, ive searched the forum but couldnt find anything,

ive used replay video since december, and couldnt live without it, BUT if im recording in mpeg-2 and press the pause button it starts the filetime back from zero, so when it comes to playing the files back it gives a wrong time... for example, if i record for 30seconds and then pause, then record for another 5minits or so, it just gives a time as 30seconds...... it plays for the full time, but you cant do anything with it,like skip or anything... and then when it comes to putting the file on a dvd it only does the first 30 seconds, or howeverlong before the pause was hit.

i tried the WM9 format but that doesnt give the option to pause so its nooo good to me...

if anyone has any sollutions i would be greatfull to hear them or if theres nothing that can be done maby someone can tell me.

thanks in advance.

Default Re: mpeg-2 gives wrong times during playback

the developer is aware of this issue. When/if it can be resolved there will be an update. This ony occurs with a pause.

hi thanks for the reply.... i just though id ask incase i was missing a simple fix or something... its still a great little product though lol.

I have the same problem using windows xp. For me this is a very big issue. If I have captured a video stream of a TV show, for example, that I've paused a few times to not get the advertisements, each segment begins at 00:00. This means that I cannot use any video conversion or dvd burning software because it will only recognize the first segment before the first pause. What's strange is that all of the segments will play in any media player, but the file time stops with the first pause. This limits the functionality of this software to a huge extent and I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying this software that is still obviously 'buggy'. I also have the same problem with the poster in another thread where the video is consistently ahead of the audio to a noticeable extent. I've tried every setting change imaginable and I still can't fix it.

If you use the universal audio driver you are able to delay or speed up by time increments to assist with the out of sync. Read the hints to the right of the driver to see starting points and suggestions