Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 3.97: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging

Default Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 3.97: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging

I have been using this for a while, but recently I have received this message at the end of each song capture.

This has just started happening.
    Windows Firewall is NOT used.
    Kaspersky has Replay Music and Genpuid.exe as trusted.
    I am NOT using a Proxy Server and there are NO proxy server settings set in Replay Musix, but it does this all the time.

Is there currently an issue with the Music ID server, or do I need to try a re-install or something else.
    It's been quite good up to now.

Thumbs up Re: Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 3.97: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging

Hi Andrew,
    I am having the same issue and I have McAfee so I don't think it's the Virus software, it happens now and again I think when the music data service is a having an issue, Gracenote or whoever Replay Music use. It normally just starts working again once the issues are solved their end. I have contacted Cheryl at Applian to ask if there is a known issue today.
    I said it might be an nice idea if there was a button in the software that you can click to take you to a link which tells you of any known issues which are being repaired, at least Applian customers would know if it's their software or a known issue.
    You are not alone in this today so I think it must be an issue their end.
    Best
    Steve
    Last edited by Scubasa1; 08-02-2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Thumbs up Re: Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 3.97: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging

Thanks.
    It did seem odd that it just started, which is why I checked all my settings first to make sure I was not doing something stupid.
    I like the idea of the button.
    It would also be nice if they could build in more than one source so that if source 1 failed it had an alternative to try.
    Or maybe if it could better detect the issue and report in more detail.

Anyway, live with it today and see what happens.

Cheers

Smile Re: Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 3.97: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging

Hi Andrew,
    Not a problem, sometimes it's good to know that it's not just you experiencing the issue, then at least you know it's not your software. I contacted Cheryl at Applian and she said to update my version. I already have 3.97b, so she has said that it should be ok in a few hours. I think it's the servers like you said. I like the idea of an alterantive music ID service, you can then choose which one to use, say Gracenote or another if that one isn't working like freedb.
    I have a great programme called Magic MP3 tagger which can use a few different databases.

It automatically tags tracks for you, I use it for instances like today, nice to have as a backup if the Replay Music tagging isn't working or doesn't tag a whole album because it's new or something.
    Cheers
    Steve

Default Re: Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 3.97: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging

Thanks Steve.
    I'll have a look at that.
    I have been using Media tagger 1.35, but it cannot find ID3 Tags, just let's you edit them manually.

Andrew

Default Re: Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 3.97: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging

Hi Andrew,
    The tagging issue seems to have sorted itself, the servers seem to have a blip now and then like you said. Is yours working now.
    Cheers
    Steve

You are correct that there was a server issue. Thanks for your patience while it was resolved.

Hi Andrew,
    Cheryl from Applian sent this to me.

Hi Steve,

They have been doing some work on the tagging service and this is what caused it. it shouldn't happen very often at all.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Wester
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Date: 02 August 2010 12:13

Yep all back to normal now.

I speak too soon....

Now I get

Followed By

When it tries to convert a track
    But it started doing this half way through
    If I say NO to the second it carries on as normal.

Even odder behaviour, if I manually try to TAG a track it is OK,
    but the Auto Tag causes the error.

Another WEB Site Issue?
    Last edited by AndrewW; 08-04-2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Added Notes

Thanks. We are aware of this issue and looking into it. It is a high priority. I would suggest you check every few hours to see if it is working for you. We appreciate your patience with this