Thread: www.jsm.org - recording streaming video - unknown source type

Default www.jsm.org - recording streaming video - unknown source type

I have Replay AV and Media Catcher (currrent versions). I'm trying to capture this stream: http://www.jsm.org/SonlifeNetwork_000.php

Neither of the programs I mentioned above will capture it. I don't know the streaming file type (flash, silverlight, etc) so that makes it even harder to figure out. I tried the Video Capture which 'works' but it just gives me a jumpy screen capture - not a stream capture.

What I want is something that I can use to capture this stream - and be able to schedule recording sessions. Does Applian have anything for this?

Thanks...

Default Re: recording streaming video - unknown source type

Hey there

It looks to me like it's rtmpe (encrypted) - so your best bet WOULD be Replay Video Capture.

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: recording streaming video - unknown source type

This is a live RTMP stream. Replay Media Catcher can record it (RMC 4 allows to either download RTMP streams or to record RTMP streams while you watch them).