Thread: Autotag not working (at all) in Replay Media Catcher 4

Default Autotag not working (at all) in Replay Media Catcher 4

Good day! I am using the current version of media catcher, and it seems to be working appropriately, except the autotagging of video and sound files is not happening.

I have tried it with IE8, Chrome, and Firefox (all latest builds), and while it's surprisingly effective, the files are all coming out as "unknown artist - unknown title (number).m4a"

I appreciate your help, because this is the feature that makes RMC casually usable for me, otherwise capturing audio/ video will become a chore.

Default Re: Autotag not working (at all)

Please do try again for us and if you continue to have a problem write to tech support. Give them an example link for this so they can do further testing. Often metadata has changed and that is the issue.

I have found that the "Unknown Artist" and "Unknown Title" are actually what the Music DNS system is sending back. This applies to MANY MANY songs in the MusicDNS database.

Its NOT that RMC is having a problem contacting it; it does that fine but the response from that services says basically "I don't know."

I know this because when the Music DNS service is not working it leaves the filename in the URL format such as "7182304128347123.mp3". So basically if you get:

1) 7182304128347123.mp3 -- means the Music DNS could not be reached
    2) Unknown Artist - Unknown Title.mp3 -- means the Music DNS was reached and the song IS in their database, however they don't know what the song is so they give you a generic "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title" reponse. That is why you get "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title (2)" and "(3)" and "(4)" etc. in your download folder.

I sometimes do get:

7182304128347123.mp3~

And I have no idea why (anyone care to explain)? If I rename the file to

7182304128347123.mp3

then I can read the mp3 tags and manually rename the file.

Good luck!
    Last edited by rizwan602; 07-20-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Angry Auto tag feature works in 3.11b and not in 4.02

I too am having the same issue that rizwan602 has as copied below. Was using 3.11 with no problems. Being happy with V3 I thought that I would update to the newer version, tried both 4.01 & 4.02 for improved features.

Well, I'm using Vista and updated only the Media Catcher software also. I immediately started v4 and found this file naming issue. Because I didn't remove the old version I quit 4 and opened version 3. No problem with 3, it works fine. Yes I am also using Pandora ONE as the stand alone version and have tried Firefox browser version with V4... didn't work! Yeah, I did reboot numerous times.

How long did they say we had to get our money back?

Wayne

RE: rizwan602 - Auto tag feature works in 3.11b and not in 4.x

Hello,

My last thread was closed without any explanation other than to follow another thread (that was not resolved either)... so I am posting this again:

On a NEW Windows Xp Pro installation I installed Replay Media Catcher 4 (only, not the suite) and the auto-tag works EXCEPT it does not rename the MP3 file. The MP3 file is tagged internally OK (If I do properties on it I can see the artist name/title/etc) but the downloaded file remains with a long alphanumeric name like "18i78797285687321.mp3"

So on the SAME machine I installed Replay Media Catcher 3.11b (only, not the suite) and the auto-tag works perfectly -- it renames the file properly.

I have checked the option to lookup the tags but still version 4 does not work properly and rename the file. I would like a clear explanation as to why this is happening; if there is a fix for it or if its a bug in the new release. If its a bug its ok, as long as it is being fixed. I just need to know instead of being told to look at other incomplete threads that are not exactly relevant to what I am doing.

I am listening to Pandora to do this.

Thank you.

Default Re: Auto tag feature works in 3.11b and not in 4.02

Thank you for posting this -- here I thought I was the ONLY one having this problem. Someone in the technical support group is closing my threads and referring them to another thread is not the same problem I described. They need to READ and THINK before doing stupid things like that.

There is a CLEAR PROBLEM in the version 4.x of Replay Media Capture and the support department needs to look at it and acknowledge that there is indeed a problem. If there is a problem I am OK with it as long as it is fixed. I have also submitted a technical support ticket and NOTHING has been done with it yet.

Rizwan602

I would like to add to this thread that in Replay Media Capture version 4.x the auto tag feature DOES NOT WORK COMPLETELY and that when it does find the mp3 tags, it DOES UPDATE them HOWEVER it DOES NOT UPDATE the filename!!! So you will end up with a BUNCH of files with names like:

183274018234238741029834.mp3
    988872903482387437780229.mp3

How useless is that? This needs to be FIXED!

I have the same issue with the filenames not getting updated. I have a support ticket open on it.