Thread: Freerecorder pieces, put together?

Default Freerecorder pieces, put together?

I used the freerecorder that was supposed to record my voice as well as my friends over the skype phone. It recorded it but in little snippets with time titles on one side and a steady stream on the other. Is there a way of hearing the whole conversation as 1? Or do I have to spend days at a time putting together snipets because this recorder didn't do what it said it could do?

Default Re: Freerecorder pieces, put together?

Freecorder will split recordings into segments if there is a pause in the stream. Please try our Replay Media Catcher, you will have more options on recording. Here is a link to try it out:

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

hmmm, too late for that. I have 4 hours of little segments and one long stream of four hours for the other side. If there is no systematic way of piecing together this chaos, then once I am done with the huge headache of piecing together this huge mess, I doubt I will ever want to use an Applian application ever again. I don't like finding out massive kinks in an application after I use a product and I am stuck with the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsassin View Post
    hmmm, too late for that. I have 4 hours of little segments and one long stream of four hours for the other side. If there is no systematic way of piecing together this chaos, then once I am done with the huge headache of piecing together this huge mess, I doubt I will ever want to use an Applian application ever again. I don't like finding out massive kinks in an application after I use a product and I am stuck with the result.
    You can always use other utilities to join multiple MP3 files. This is not a big problem.

Freecorder 4 is a freeware basic recording program. It has no settings for avoiding splitting your recordings. For more advanced audio recording features Applian offers paid software like Replay Music and Replay AV. All paid Applian software have demo versions.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    You can always use other utilities to join multiple MP3 files. This is not a big problem.
    Oh, if it were that simple. But the snippets are a part of a conversation and have to be at certain intervals. Say 1:30:02, 1:30:40, 1:31:05 They aren't just touching each other. And they have to match the long stream on the other side. ONe person says one thing, and the other responds. A conversation. I know of no program that will stitch together the snippets with the long stream at the right intervals to reproduce the conversation.
    Now there is no reason that it would split recordings unless the programmer put it in in the first place. Something that would have been nice to know before I used the program. No, after this debacle, I will never purchase an Applian product. I prefer spending money on products that are upfront.

Freecorder only splits recordings after detecting silence. It has been discussed many times:
    Freecorder creates many small files..

It is up to you whether to buy any Applian products or not. Applian has demo versions for all its paid products, so you don't buy a black box. You can always read the feedback from other users as well. And Applian has a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee.

Try products from other companies, their support, and you will understand why so many users choose software from Applian.