Thread: Error message: "Cannot install MUX filter"

Default Error message: "Cannot install MUX filter"

I'm trying to copy a video and the cannot install filter message appears. What does this mean and is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm using the demo version before I buy it.

What player are you using to copy the video? Also, if the video is not copy protected the ideal way to do that is to use the converter and convert the files to a format that is going to work for you.

Default Re: "Cannot install Mux filter" error message in Replay Video Capture

I got the same error message too. It's "Cannot Install Mux Filter". Anyway, I got the problem solved by reinstalling, with the latest Video Capture. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by fciaft View Post
    I'm trying to copy a video and the cannot install filter message appears. What does this mean and is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm using the demo version before I buy it.

When I start to record, I get an error message, "Cannot install MUX filter" and the recording stops.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can tell me what's wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Error message: "Cannot install MUX filter"

Are you "Admin" or "User" - try "Admin" please.

hey i have the same problem and i am the administrator please help! the video im trying to record wont last long on the web. Thanks

Please do an uninstall of the program. Reboot. Now, do a fresh install. Make sure you are running the program with administrative rights and that it is allowed in your windows firewall.

For the "mux filter" issue - Make sure you've got has the latest version of Replay Video Capture. Please UN-INSTALL and re-install our latest version from here: Replay Video Capture Download

Let us know if this make any difference
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Jeff, I have the same issue, however I am having trouble understanding how you say to go about fixing the "mux filter" issue. If I uninstall, and then go to the above link, I only have two options. One, to "Buy Now" and one to "Try Now." As I have already purchased the program last year, I do not think you meant for the customer to buy the program again. Hence, where do I re-install the latest version, so I can get rid of this mux filter error?