Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW Replay Media Catcher 4 - Now Available!!

Default Re: NEW Replay Media Catcher 4 - Now Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jebuy View Post
    Do Not Recommend the 'Update' download ending in .17, released today 11/18/10--does not work. Had to do System Restore after several download attempts. Files are corrupted, at least for the 64 bit edition, and PC locks up preventing any "Cancel" conversion. Had to Force a shutdown x3. Stick with the present version you have if it's working.
    I use win 7 64 bit, my install was a bit slow - but it's working fine now that it's installed. Does the freeze up happen during recording, or installing or what exactly?

Thanks for clarifing!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

after having tried to install on windows xp vista 64 and win 7 64 and all failed i am thinkin the problem is in the installer its self , i can install the update right before the one ending in 17 all day long and have no problems at all . any one else having the same install issue or is it only me ????

IDO,

No, I don't believe you're the only one with the problem. My last post to this thread never got 'posted' and I think the adminstrator has some 'splainin' to do as Ricky would say to Lucy.

i think the whole problem is in the installer its self , if they were to double check it im sure they will find the problem, up until now this program has worked flawlessly for me so im sure they will correct it soon

I am using the latest version without a problem. I had a very smooth installation and it has been working on my 64 bit smoothly. If you do have an issue please do contact tech support to get some assistance.

I am having the same problem as Jebuy. I had no problems with any previous updates but this one did not load properly. It would freeze up every time I tried and now I can't use my media catcher at all. I also have a 64 bit computer and I use Vista. I sent in a tech report this afternoon but haven't heard anything yet. I think I may have to do a system restore to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyW View Post
    I am having the same problem as Jebuy. I had no problems with any previous updates but this one did not load properly. It would freeze up every time I tried and now I can't use my media catcher at all. I also have a 64 bit computer and I use Vista. I sent in a tech report this afternoon but haven't heard anything yet. I think I may have to do a system restore to get it back.
    We usually try to respond to ALL tech support inquiries within 12-24 hours. Also, it's 937pm when you're reporting this - so you may not hear from them until tomorrow. Thanks for hanging in there
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scree View Post
    - I would like to be able to record the max quality (1800k) from ESPN3.com videos, but the program always records only the 400k stream. There is an error entry in the main window list for each video level detected, will provide more info on request.
    I, too, am looking to accomplish the same exact thing. Mine defaults most of the time to the 1200k stream, which isn't bad, but it would be nice to get the best possible stream. Anyone manage to figure this out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dpfenninger View Post
    I, too, am looking to accomplish the same exact thing. Mine defaults most of the time to the 1200k stream, which isn't bad, but it would be nice to get the best possible stream. Anyone manage to figure this out yet?
    RMC 4 detects and records the stream that is being watched. If you can't watch higher quality streams, RMC won't detect them.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    RMC 4 detects and records the stream that is being watched. If you can't watch higher quality streams, RMC won't detect them.
    Well the problem seems to be that ESPN starts off the stream at a lower quality, and then dynamically adjusts it to a higher quality as you watch it. It eventually gets to the 1800k stream, but for at least the first 10-20 seconds or so, it almost always starts at the 400/800k level so that's what RMC seems to lock into. Any way to override that?