Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Replay Media Catcher 4 - Now Available!!

Debbie McCormick Guest

Exclamation NEW Replay Media Catcher 4 - Now Available!!

Just released! Replay Media Catcher 4 has been totally re-vamped! It's more usable than ever, added support for some new hard-to-capture formats, added a cool new music and video search feature, integrated automatic format conversions right on the main screen, and a few more goodies.

1. Downloads more sites, and adds support for protocols that use unique one-time-only URL's.
    2. Live Webcam sites now capture perfectly.
    3. Select a conversion format right from the main screen, and have downloaded media automatically converted.
    4. Recordings are organized by day/week.
    5. New music and video search.
    6. New scheduler for recording live media automatically.
    7. New third-party plug-in architecture.

Current Replay Media Catcher owners can upgrade for a special price. The upgrade is just $9.95 if you purchased Replay Media Catcher before June 1, 2010, or March 15, 2010 if you bought the Replay Capture Suite. If you ordered afterwards, the upgrade is free, and you can continue to use your existing registration code.

Replay Media Catcher 3 and 4 can co-exist on the same computer. No need to uninstall version 3 if you'd like to keep it.

More upgrade info on the upgrade FAQ page.

We look forward to hearing your feedback on Replay Media Catcher 4.

Default Re: NEW Replay Media Catcher 4 - Now Available!!

I already have a Replay Capture Suite subscription. Now I am being asked to buy an upgrade to Media Capture 4 on an a la carte basis. Does this mean each time an upgrade comes out to any of the program I have to buy a separate upgrade (at the individual upgrade price)?

I was curious to try Media Capture 4 but not if I have to install NET framework.

This is a complete rip off, I already had Media Capture, when I started Director it suggested I update the software, now I only have a restricted version of Media Cature 4, the previous version which I've paid for has gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    This is a complete rip off, I already had Media Capture, when I started Director it suggested I update the software, now I only have a restricted version of Media Cature 4, the previous version which I've paid for has gone!
    If you don't want to pay for the upgrade, just download an old version from www.applian.com
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

The same thing happend to me.

Nowhere, duirng the upgrade process to version 4, are you adivised in advance that this will be a paid upgrade revison.

My previous paid version has been hijacked now and no longer usable on my machine. I no longer have a usable paid version of my software

When are software companies going to re-learn ethics standards and responsibility to loyal customers. This is an outrage and no way to conduct business.

Plese tell me where and how I can get my old software back that I paid you for.

You folks should be ashamed for implementing business practices like this. What were you people thinking?

Did you all use to work at Enron or GM?

Ethics in business: what has happended to this sacred principle. And we wonder why we are loosing jobs in this country to third world countries.

I typically do not resort to sarchasim in my on-line discussions, but for you I will make an exception.

Applian owes everyone an apology.

I am P.O. Big Time!

Quote Originally Posted by emacee1701 View Post
    I already have a Replay Capture Suite subscription. Now I am being asked to buy an upgrade to Media Capture 4 on an a la carte basis. Does this mean each time an upgrade comes out to any of the program I have to buy a separate upgrade (at the individual upgrade price)?

I was curious to try Media Capture 4 but not if I have to install NET framework.
    Last edited by Bootis; 08-22-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootis View Post
    My previous paid version has been hijacked now and no longer usable on my machine. I no longer have a usable paid version of my earlier

When are software companies going to learn ethics standards and responsibility to loyal customers. This is an outrage

Plese tell me where and how I can get my old software back that I paid you for.
    I don't know what you mean by hijacked previous version. You can uninstall the latest one and install your previous one again. The cost of the upgrade from v.3.11 to v.4 (as well as any other upgrades) can be found on the Applian web-site
    http://www.applian.com/upgrade.php
    Everything is very transparent. And RMC 3.11 can co-exist with RMC 4 without any problem.

While purchasing software you can order a backup CD from Applian. Also you can store setup programs on your hard drive after downloading them. Besides you can download some older version from www.applian.com.

Just upgraded to v4, having v3 but being without it for a long time on Win7x64 because it wouldn't catch what I wanted anymore. So I took the upgrade plunge hoping for the best, after being burned by a $9.95 WMRecorder upgrade that didn't work for me.

I must say, v4 is pretty remarkable (so far). Very well done improvements! One minor thing that bothered me was the unexpected installation of a kernel driver, since v3 did not use one. But as long as it doesn't cause trouble for the network and internet, the improved functionality of v4 is more than welcome.

OK, so on to the observations and suggestions...

- One time while I was simply resizing the main window (wasn't recording anything), I got an unhandled exception dialog. I was able to continue so I just exited the program before anything worse occurred. No big deal, but shouldn't have happened, of course.

- When the main window is minimized or hidden to the tray icon, right-clicking the tray icon for its menu always restores the main window too. I think this should not happen (and there should be a restore window command in the menu, besides left-clicking to restore the window).

- Every time the main window is restored from being minimized or hidden, it moves down-right a bit. Obviously that should not happen.

- There is a setting to prompt to record on program start. If you turn that off, the program will be in record mode. I would like the option to start opposite, that is no prompt and not set to record yet.

- I tried converting an .mp4 to avi, same quality. The conversion worked (file was OK), but at the end of the conversion process I got an error dialog saying something like "parameter cannot be null: path2" and an error entry was left in the main window list instead of the resulting .avi file.

- I would like to be able to record the max quality (1800k) from ESPN3.com videos, but the program always records only the 400k stream. There is an error entry in the main window list for each video level detected, will provide more info on request.

That's it so far!
    Last edited by Scree; 10-25-2010 at 10:35 PM.

I downloaded the update but I cannot find the install file, even whe I go into program files, MMC the details are not there, does anyone know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by chasgarrod View Post
    I downloaded the update but I cannot find the install file, even whe I go into program files, MMC the details are not there, does anyone know what to do
    Download another file and see its location. All downloads are usually placed into the same folder unless you change it.

Do Not Recommend the 'Update' download ending in .17, released today 11/18/10--does not work. Had to do System Restore after several download attempts. Files are corrupted, at least for the 64 bit edition, and PC locks up preventing any "Cancel" conversion. Had to Force a shutdown x3. Stick with the present version you have if it's working.